July 2013 Moms
Options

GD test tomorrow??

hi ladies. i have my 1 hour GD test tomorrow and i cant remember if im suposed to fast or not??

Re: GD test tomorrow??

• Options

Call your office ASAP. Every lab has different instructions. Mine was a fasting test, but if yours is not then you need to know that info ASAP.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Mine is tomorrow, too. As Prim said, there doesn't seem to be a standard regarding eating beforehand. My doctor told me to eat exactly as I normally would before the test. (I'm eating my eggs but skipping the toast, though!)
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is tomorrow too. I can eat before but she said to stay away from anything that could throw off my levels. I guess doughnuts are out.. ;

Good luck!
  • Options
    If you can't get ahold of your doctor as Prim suggested, could you call a friend that has used the same doctor recently?
  • Options
    Call and ask...I had mine Monday and couldn't have anything after midnight, and had to wait until after the blood draw.
    M/C #1 on 8/20/08 and #2 on 1/10/09. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just had mine. My doc did not specify to fast or not. I choice to just to be safe and not wanting to take a chance of making my levels higher. I passed! Thankfully! Good luck!
  • Options
    thanks ladies i called and i dont have to fast but im going to stay away from high sugar stuff till its over.
  • Options
    My dr said not to fast, so I ate a small healthy breakfast and failed! So I had to take the 3 hour and passed with flying colors. If I were u I would fast anyways
  • Options
    hmm maybe i will fast then.. my apt is at 2 so i will just not eat or drink anything till then.. easier said then done im sure. lol
  • Options
    Mine is tomorrow as well. I have to fast though. Good luck to all tomorrow!!
  • Options
    beebabybeebaby member

I just had mine last week and I did not fast (not required by my doc).  If your appointment is at 2, I would definitely not fast that long.  Even with eating breakfast and having the test at 11, I still felt really icky and a little woozy and flushed right after having to drink the glucose so fast.  Not that my reaction is normal, but a few of my friends also reacted to the drink, not super negative reactions, but definitely wouldn't recommend fasting until 2 and then pounding that drink (instructions make you drink it in 5 min or less - doesn't seem that hard, but it isn't the most fun).

whatever you do, good luck :) 

• Options
    I had mine today and both my doctor and the lab told me to fast for 12 hours. But like everyone is saying it seems to differ depending on OB
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    It depends on what your doctor recommended. From the posts I have seen on here, it seems like more doctors say it is NOT a fasting test, but I have also seen several posts where people's doctors told them it WAS a fasting test.
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    imageTammyhull82:
    hmm maybe i will fast then.. my apt is at 2 so i will just not eat or drink anything till then.. easier said then done im sure. lol

I wouldn't fast if they told you not to. That's an awfully late appointment to not eat anything. I would at least get some protein in you, as I doubt that would skew the numbers like a sugary meal might.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"