August 2013 Moms

Glucose test

Hi ladies,

I have my glucose test coming up in a couple weeks. What do you recommend for breakfast? Eggs? Usually I have golean cereal.

Re: Glucose test

• My ob said eggs and toast. Nothing sugary at all since it can affect the test results. Good luck!!
  • I am jealous you get to eat breakfast! Mine is a complete fast, no food or drink before.
  • Loading the player...
  • i have mine at 9:30am on thursday. i plan on eating eggs, turkey bacon and water
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagematthewsdm:
    I am jealous you get to eat breakfast! Mine is a complete fast, no food or drink before.

Complete fast? My ob actually said to be sure to eat something, but if they ask if I fasted to say yes. He says that not eating anything at all before the test can also throw off the results.
  • imagematthewsdm:
    I am jealous you get to eat breakfast! Mine is a complete fast, no food or drink before.

Ick, hopefully you got an early appointment. Ours specifically said to make sure to eat something.  

imageimage
    Anniversary

• imageMaritza707:
    imagematthewsdm:
    Complete fast? My ob actually said to be sure to eat something, but if they ask if I fasted to say yes. He says that not eating anything at all before the test can also throw off the results.

Yep, they do the two hour test with three blood draws. This is the second one I've had this pregnancy! I'm actually sitting in the lab waiting room on their wifi now ;)

• imagematthewsdm:

This.

I did mine last week and could not eat or drink anything other than water after midnight.  It was the same when I did it when pregnant with DD.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • My OB didn't say one way or the other and since our lab opens at 7:30 I just rolled out of bed and did it first thing without eating anything....we'll see how that goes.

But yes, avoid sugary and starchy foods.  My SIL thought, naively, she could eat a bagel (since it wasn't sugar) without realizing that the body breaks the carbs down as sugar.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My doctor won't let me eat anything either.. Made the apt first thing in the morning so I won't be starving!
    The Mrs.
  • Everyone is going to be different depnding on how your doctor does the test. You should ask your doctor, not people on here.

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• My dr said fasting is not necessary but recommended if I can. I will be going first thing in the morning just so I can fast for sure!
  • Mine is tomorrow.  Drs office said eat regular foods, nothing sugary.
    Lilypie - (4vrz)

• My doctor told me to carb up. I had 2 biscuits with jelly and passed with a great score of 109.
  • I know how you feel.
  • imagematthewsdm:

I know how you feel
  • I have mine may 16th and I can't eat or drink anything the night before!! Blah!!! Your so lucky you get to eat!! I'm gonna be starving and thirsting to death!! LOL
  • imagematthewsdm:

No Fair! ^^^ This is me too! Luckily they give the very first appointment slots for glucose testing. I just walk in and go right to the lab area- no waiting. But I sure do get grouchy when I'm hungry! 

image         image
  • Ugh. I've had to fast for all mine as well! No fun.

That's the part I hate. I couldn't give a flick about the drink...it's the no food that pisses me off.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• imagematthewsdm:

my doc said the same thing. not to eat anything 4 hours before the test. my test is at 945 am so im okay with that. they said i can only drink water 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"