July 2013 Moms

Can't Take It!!! (Rant)

I am so tired of unwarranted, unsolicited advice from well-meaning friends and family.  I'm tired of hearing "you have NO idea", "you don't know what you're doing", "life is going to change", "eat right now because you won't be able to later", "you're getting too fat, you won't be able to just get this baby weight off", etc. 

I'm sick of it!!! Utterly sick of it.  You know, I REALIZE I don't know what I'm in for.  STOP telling me this.  Does it make you feel better to tell me I don't know what I'm doing??  I'm going to be 35 when I have this child, so, you know... I've already watched all of YOU (my friends and family) go through this!  I know it will be tough.  Leave me alone.  Ugh.

*puts on loud angry music to tune people out (headphones so baby doesn't have to hear it) ;-P

Re: Can't Take It!!! (Rant)

• I have never understood why some people find the need to do this, it's obnoxious.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Let it out, sistah! And don't be afraid to say some of those same things to the people making those comments to you... better out than in! ;O)
  • Loading the player...
  • It is annoying. I'm sorry.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Amen.  When I first became pregnant. my MIL asked me how I was feeling and when I responded with, "Ok.  Just not quite like myself."  She laughed hysterically and said, "You will never feel like yourself again."  Awesome sauce.

I had a heart to heart with my mom a couple of weeks ago - I was totally freaked out about the whole 'enjoy showering while you can because soon, you won't have time to and it will be days in between showers' deal that everyone keeps telling me about.  She called BS.  I love my mom.

• Very annoying! I hear ya!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ahhh!!! I know! It is sooooo annoying. I travel a lot with work and people keep asking me if I am going to continue working or change jobs. Ummm...no. Yeah I get it...it's gonna be hard and likely suck until my husband and I find a groove but I don't need told constantly. Sorry this is happening to you...people suck sometimes!

Bonus: 

• Oh my gosh, thank you ladies. I honestly feel better now that I typed all of that out, and your responses make me feel validated. *big relieved sigh* Honestly, thank you :)
  • I hear you!! We are having our second LO and DH and I both work in NYC. Everyone keeps asking me if I'll miss working. Ummmmmm let's try I'm going back to work! I know many find this hard to believe but I enjoy working and have no intention of giving up my career just because we are having a second baby.
  • I'm on my fourth and I still get this kind of crap all the time. Yesterday some lady asked how far along I was and when I tolled her she laughed and made the comment like well your almost done enjoy yourself now and just you wait kind of attitude then her colleague asked if it was my first and when I said nope its my fourth the look on the other ladies face was priceless I was like yep lady I know what's in store for me thanks!
  • Amen. I have finally started busting people's balls about their stupid comments... Unfortunately it doesn't help much.

imageimage

always my babies

• Yes it is very annoying. I know things are gonna change but just let me live in my fairy tale until then people. We will figure it out on our own!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Then, once the baby is born, you will constantly hear, "enjoy her/him, the time goes so quickly".  I was told that by 3 different people today alone.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• image2012ames:
    I am so tired of unwarranted, unsolicited advice from wellmeaning friends and family.nbsp; I'm tired of hearing "you have NO idea", "you don't know what you're doing", "life is going to change", "eat right now because you won't be able to later", "you're getting too fat, you won't be able to just get this baby weight off", etc.nbsp;
    I'm sick of it!!! Utterly sick of it.nbsp; You know, I REALIZE I don't know what I'm in for.nbsp; STOP telling me this.nbsp; Does it make you feel better to tell me I don't know what I'm doing??nbsp; I'm going to be 35 when I have this child, so, you know... I've already watched all of YOU my friends and family go through this!nbsp; I know it will be tough.nbsp; Leave me alone.nbsp; Ugh.
    nbsp;puts on loud angry music to tune people out headphones so baby doesn't have to hear it ;P

Ditto to all!!! Except I'm 32, but still no stranger to babies and kids, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"