Trouble TTC
Options

May I ask you ladies a question that has probably been asked a million times?

**Edit** Siggy Picture Warning

I could wait to ask my questions until I meet with my RE next week, however I don't want to wait that long.  I'm on a clomid cycle right now.  I have a week before taking the first dose and scan.  The plan was to do this last cycle of just clomid and if that didn't work, move on to IUI for a few cycles.  That is sort of what I had my head wrapped around.  However, my RE called today and asked if we could make an additional appt next week to discuss how we are going to go forward after this cycle.  He wants to talk to us about skipping IUI and going to IVF.  My head wasn't quite there yet*.  I have a long history of infertility and pregnancy loss.  Right now I'm on Clomid, metformin, progesterone, and estrogen.  I can't imagine being on more hormones.  I know the basics of IVF.  Follicle stim, egg retrevial, fertilization/incubation, and transfer.  But I don't know the specifics.  I read a couple articles online and I'm overwhelmed.  I'd really like to understand before hand so I know what to ask next week.  I'm going in with an open mind and I am going to consider his reasoning for the recommendation.  Just want to know where my own head is at before going in.  Thanks

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: May I ask you ladies a question that has probably been asked a million times?

• Options

What kind of specifics are you looking for?  I'm not sure how to answer your question.  Before my IVF consult I downloaded a book about infertility and read the chapters on IVF which helped give me an understanding of the basics so I could ask questions.  The RE did a good job of explaining the whole process though.

Also a lot of ladies on the IF board are doing IVF so that's a good place to lurk and ask questions.  I am at the end of my first IVF cycle and still learning things about it from that board!

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagewhoberry:

What kind of specifics are you looking for?  I'm not sure how to answer your question.  Before my IVF consult I downloaded a book about infertility and read the chapters on IVF which helped give me an understanding of the basics so I could ask questions.  The RE did a good job of explaining the whole process though.

Also a lot of ladies on the IF board are doing IVF so that's a good place to lurk and ask questions.  I am at the end of my first IVF cycle and still learning things about it from that board!

I guess just on the hormones I'd be on, what the egg retrevial is like...I heard it is very uncomfortable.  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    katib77katib77 member
    Aside from asking the IF board, you can always google "blog egg retrieval"  and so on to get some first hand accounts.  There are many that have blogged about their personal experience.  I know on the list of blogs I follow, there are several who have gone through IVF.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"