Babies: 0 - 3 Months

sleepy baby wont eat

LO is 3 days old and is impossible to wake up. Yesterday he slept 6 hours and as much as we tried, he wouldnt wake up to eat.

He's slightly jaundiced and they are concerned about his weight loss, and I can't keep him awake to eat. Help!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sleepy baby wont eat

• When both my kids were this age all they did was sleep. Especially my son. He didn't have any weight issues but my DD sure did. Getting either of them to stay awake long enough to eat was tough. I would turn on all the lights, softly blow on their faces, tickle their feet, strip them down to the diaper, but the only thing that really worked was dripping a little cool water on their faces or belly. Just enough to slightly startle them awake and eat a little more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePandasMama0626:
    When both my kids were this age all they did was sleep. Especially my son. He didn't have any weight issues but my DD sure did. Getting either of them to stay awake long enough to eat was tough. I would turn on all the lights, softly blow on their faces, tickle their feet, strip them down to the diaper, but the only thing that really worked was dripping a little cool water on their faces or belly. Just enough to slightly startle them awake and eat a little more.

This. I had to do that a lot with DD2, just kept a glass of water near.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"