November 2013 Moms

Sunblock and Bug Repellant

Hi Ladies!

Anyone have recommendation for pregnancy safe sunblock and bug repellent that they like?

Thank you!

Re: Sunblock and Bug Repellant

• For bug repellant, the Bounce dryer sheet in your pocket seems to work well.  It has to be the scented ones, though.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • A sage bug repellant even for babies is Skin So Soft. I don't know where it is at in the store but when I was a newborn my pediatrician recommended it and I still use it. It doesn't smell bad either. I'm not sure about sun block though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sunblock seems to be a big pain to find a 'pregnancy approved' one. From what I read that need to be either zinc oxide or titanium oxide. I went on the prowl this weekend and Whole Foods had a couple but they were like $25 for a tiny tube of the stuff!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemeabtahi:
    Sunblock seems to be a big pain to find a 'pregnancy approved' one. From what I read that need to be either zinc oxide or titanium oxide. I went on the prowl this weekend and Whole Foods had a couple but they were like 25 for a tiny tube of the stuff!

25!?! Yikes. We're going on vacation with family and I already know I'll be staying in our villa or in the shade for the most part of the day ::I hate putting on sunblock so always avoid the sun when I can:: and won't venture out till late afternoon but for the times I go walking around the resort I want to be protected...I'll check out WF. Thanks!
  • I *highly* recommend Badger brand sunblock and bug repellant. Badger products are highly rated for low levels of toxic materials and the sunblock is a physical blocker (zinc based) over a chemical product, which is much safer for you and baby.

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/browse/sunscreen:+SPF+greater+than+30/ Any of the ones with a 1 or 2 rating are generally pretty darn good.

Also - WF is good for finding new brands but I guarantee that almost every brand at WF will be at least 15% cheaper on Amazon, if you have time to order online. 

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • imageDebateThis:
    I highly recommend Badger brand sunblock and bug repellant. Badger products are highly rated for low levels of toxic materials and the sunblock is a physical blocker zinc based over a chemical product, which is much safer for you and baby. https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/browse/sunscreen:SPFgreaterthan30/ Any of the ones with a 1 or 2 rating are generally pretty darn good.Also WF is good for finding new brands but I guarantee that almost every brand at WF will be at least 15 cheaper on Amazon, if you have time to order online.nbsp;

Ooooh thanks! Yes, I have time to order online before we leave for vacation...I will check out the Badger brand in the store to see how it smells ::I'm picky with sunblock smells...lol::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"