New York Babies
Options

Childcare Centers in Westchester County?

My husband and I are expecting our first child in August. I am planning on going back to work after 12 weeks, and really need to find a child care center before it's too late! 

We currently live in Westchester County, however, we are looking to move so our exact location when baby arrives is still TBD. At this point, we think it would be best to find a center closer to my office - which is in Purchase, NY.

Any and all help is appreciated. We are both originally from Massachusetts and do not have any friends in the area who have kids/are expecting. 

Thank you!

Re: Childcare Centers in Westchester County?

• Options
    Hi and congratulations! You may want to look into whether Tutor Time or Bright Horizons has a center near where you live or work. They are both reputable, are warm and friendly, offer good curriculum and programs, and have flexible hours. Good luck!
  • Options

Bright Horizons at Timber Ridge in Armonk is excellent.  It's expensive but it's on par with prices in the city (we moved  1 1/2 years ago from the city to Westchester). 

I toured Tutor Time and I heard good things - I just wasn't crazy about it when I walked in.  I have no particular reason other than my gut.  I didn't like that it was all glass and could see right into the place.  I didn't like the stairs leading to one class - they seemed steep for little kids and the room at the top seemed small.  Like I said, it ws just my gut reaction after seeing others.

I have 2 friends who use Kaleidascope in Mount Kisco and they LOVE it.  I met a bunch of the teachers at a street fair and I was very impressed with their program.  It might be too far north for you if you want Purchase, but just thought I'd let you know about it. 

I switched to having an au pair and my kids going to preschool - honestly, I miss daycare - I think it's better than preschool!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"