Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Swing vs. crib sleeping

Our LO is just over 4 weeks and a very easy baby but I'm looking for some advice on sleeping arangements.  She sleeps the longest in her swing 3-4 hour stretches.  When I lay her in her PnP or her crib  she will sleep an hour max if I'm lucky.  Do you ladies have any advice for transitioning her to her crib at night?  She loves the movement of her swing and I'm sure thats why she sleeps much longer there but I would like her in her crib at some point and I fear the longer we wait the harder it will get for her to sleep without movement (or maybe it's the incline as well?). She has slept in her crib at night a couple times for about 3 hours, but getting her to sleep a decent stretch after she wakes for her feeding seems impossible if I lay her back in her crib. TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Swing vs. crib sleeping

• Options
    at a month i think you just do what you can. Maybe start a bedtime routine and put her in the crib for the first stretch and then let her sleep in the swing after she wakes and feeds. she may start going right back down in the crib after awhile
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    I put DS in his crib around 2 weeks old and never looked back and now he's an awesome sleeper.  I say just do it.  The first few nights might suck but you will get there and I fully believe that your baby will be a better sleeper for it and then you don't have to go through the ordeal of trying to transition baby when you are both going to struggle with it.  I also recommend getting a sleep sheep or other noise machine and do a night time routine.  DS has had a bedtime routine since we started putting him in his crib and if we follow routine he will go to bed anywhere (he's 13 weeks now).
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Just go for it...will likely have a few rough nights then she will adjust.

If you prefer maybe start by keeping her in the swing but without the motion.  Once she adapts to that move to crib? You can also incline the head of crib by placing a pillow or rolled up towel under the mattress Imine has a crib wedge there for reflux).

• Options
    I started at around 6 weeks naps and bed time in crib. She is now 11 weeks and is now formula fed but wakes up once during the night and sleeps well in her crib and prefers crib over pack n play.  It does take some trial and error. I do have her at a slight incline with a wedge for her reflux. ( I have rolled receiving blankets under the sheet so she doesn't roll into the side like she was doing)  and its helping a lot better.  She will get there.  :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"