December 2013 Moms

Iodine in prenatal

I just read in American Baby Magazine that you need extra iodine 150 micrograms while pregnant and nursing to help yours and baby's thyroid function properly. Even Slight iodine deficiency can affect a baby's developing brain it says. It says to talk to your OB if your prenatal doesn't have it. Mine doesn't and I have natures way. Anyone have it in theirs and what brand are you using?

Re: Iodine in prenatal

• Mine doesn't have it either. You can find iodine in pretty much all foods. Seafood has the highest amount, and dry seaweed is really high in it. Cod, salmon, shrimp, and baked potatoes have pretty decent amounts in them. I think the potato is the lowest daily amount of 40 percent of your daily value. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as your are eating correctly and include vegetables and fruits in your diet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Ok I won't worry about it. I eat lots if fruit and I usually lightly salt my food as well. Thx for the input!
  • Loading the player...
  • I wonder if that's why I've been mega-craving salty snacks lately? I'm usually a big sweets person and lately it's been all about french fries and chips (though I usually DON'T cave to that, as neither option is healthy). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"