Can someone please... — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

Can someone please...

Drive to New York and finish cleaning my new house please? I'll reward you by also letting you unpack all of my things.

...Please? 

imageimageimage
imageimage
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Re: Can someone please...

• How close are you to the city?  I've been looking for a good excuse to visit, lol. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Oh, really close.... Like eight hours?

Haha, I'm about a half hour from being Canadian. 

imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, I like Canada, too.  Need an excuse to use my passport again.  It's just sitting around. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I'm lolling at the thought on someone pregnant with twins cleaning my house while I sit in the backyard sipping on a margarita with my feet kicked up.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Buy my plane ticket and I will unpack....all your cloth diapers!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Chickypoo2468:
    How close are you to Niagara Falls? I keep trying to get DH to take me there. Our vacations just involve going south to his dads and soaking in country life on their deck. Tho that's nice too.
    Nowhere close. We're right near Vermont, so if you ever wanted some really fresh Ben and Jerry's....

VENT: These people were really neat when we were viewing the apartment, so I was expecting the house to be really clean. Admittedly I have pretty high standards of cleanliness, so maybe it would take other people less time, but I've been working for like three days straight now cleaning and haven't even moved upstairs yet. My favorite experience so far has been battling my overtired toddler who refuses to nap tokeep her from 'helping' me clean a toilet that had pee stains all down the front of it. Or maybe when A was randomly bringing me little pieces of cat food, because even though they'd vacuumed they hadn't used the hose on any of the edges of the carpet.

I effing hate moving. I hate cleaning up someone else's mess. And when our landlord let us in he made some kind of comment about how it looked like they'd done a pretty good job cleaning. I was already wrinkling my nose (again, high standards, things like the walls not having been washed were sticking out to me) but did NOT expect such a huge job. Everything that is out of sight seriously just never looks like its ever been cleaned. The stovetop alone took me over a hour and a half to clean once I propped the top. Puke.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • image MrsPteranodon:
    Buy my plane ticket and I will unpack....all your cloth diapers!
    I bet you would!!

*hugs diapers close* 

imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • image Chickypoo2468:
    image Into+the+Kitty:

image Chickypoo2468:
    How close are you to Niagara Falls? I keep trying to get DH to take me there. Our vacations just involve going south to his dads and soaking in country life on their deck. Tho that's nice too.
    Nowhere close. We're right near Vermont, so if you ever wanted some really fresh Ben and Jerry's....

VENT: These people were really neat when we were viewing the apartment, so I was expecting the house to be really clean. Admittedly I have pretty high standards of cleanliness, so maybe it would take other people less time, but I've been working for like three days straight now cleaning and haven't even moved upstairs yet. My favorite experience so far has been battling my overtired toddler who refuses to nap tokeep her from 'helping' me clean a toilet that had pee stains all down the front of it. Or maybe when A was randomly bringing me little pieces of cat food, because even though they'd vacuumed they hadn't used the hose on any of the edges of the carpet.

I effing hate moving. I hate cleaning up someone else's mess. And when our landlord let us in he made some kind of comment about how it looked like they'd done a pretty good job cleaning. I was already wrinkling my nose (again, high standards, things like the walls not having been washed were sticking out to me) but did NOT expect such a huge job. Everything that is out of sight seriously just never looks like its ever been cleaned. The stovetop alone took me over a hour and a half to clean once I propped the top. Puke.

but... I thought landlords had carpets cleaned and had people come in and give it another once over?

I would complain.  Once I moved into an apt that had me in tears, but was not as bad as yours by any means. My bf complained and they gave us milwaukeefest tickets, a popcorn popper, and possibly a small amount off rent, but I'm not really sure about that one. 

Our landlord does business with J and he's giving us a month rent free each year we live here, and rent is very expensive, so J volunteered us to clean and paint so that we could move into the apartment ASAP. Lucky me. I was not expecting it to be so much work.

Although to be entirely honest, even after the past apartments that we've had have been professionally cleaned, I still bust my hump getting to the point that I'm ok with living in it. I really am very anal about cleaning. I feel like some people would have come in and done like, a basic level of cleaning and shampoo the carpets and been done, but I'm still just grossed out by the whole place. Even J keeps saying, 'Oh, it's not that bad,' but to me it really, really is.

Although seriously there was no excuse for the stove. I mean, people eat off of that. So gross. 

imageimageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards