1st Trimester

13 weeks 5 days and still..

Still sick! No food at all sounds good to me and I am starting to worry about not eating enough for my baby, I eat when my body feels like it but I still feel so nauseas and certain textures of food and smells are making me nuts. I thought it was supposed to get better in 2nd tri =(

Re: 13 weeks 5 days and still..

• Keep trying is all you can do. Baby will take all it needs from you. If anything you will feel crappy, but you'd have to be considerably malnourished to affect baby. The fact is that you are trying and that is what matters.

Can you try milkshakes? If done right you can get fruit/veg/protein in one fell swoop. Do you think that might work for you?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have actually been doing pretty well with milk shakes and cereal for some weird reason but like spaghetti I tried last night the texture was just blah, the though of meats make me gag, and watermelon is my best friend! I am a FTM and 24 this is my moms 1st grandbaby and she is getting on my nerves with the whole you have to eat thing you ate more when you weren't pregnant. She doesn't understand how hard it can be, I used to love eating haha
  • Loading the player...
  • I was sick every day, all day until 20 weeks with both kids. With dd, I still got sick multiple times a week for my entire pregnancy.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got sick every day from 6wks through when they induced me at 42wks, sometimes we get unlucky and the m/s sticks around. I went to the ER a few times b/c I could not keep hydrated. Do whatever you need to do. And like PP says, the baby will take what it needs, its you who will feel the effects. I got a lot of u/s during my last pregnancy b/c I lost a lot of weight and they wanted to make sure DS was growing and he was. 
    Smoothies are my best friend right now. For some reason making smoothies at home don't get me nauseous. Pasta is a very hit or miss food, salty potato chips (plain ones, Tostitos currently) also help. My MIL swears that a bag of plain potato chips and lemonade helps. 
    I hope you start feeling better soon! 
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • With DD, my m/s started going away around 16 weeks.  At that point, I was actually used to puking every morning!  Then one day, I was like "Hey, I didn't puke today!"  :)  It will go away soon.  Hopefully.  I thought mine would never go away.  Some unfortunate women experience it the entire time.  But fingers crossed you won't be one of those women.  You still have time. 
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • With my DD I was sick for the first 22 weeks.  Just eat what you can, if your doctor isn't concerned about your eating or weight gain I wouldn't worry about it.  I know it sucks but it will eventually pass.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • With my DD I was sick for the first 22 weeks.  Just eat what you can, if your doctor isn't concerned about your eating or weight gain I wouldn't worry about it.  I know it sucks majorly but hopefully it goes away for you soon.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"