July 2013 Moms
Options

Irritable Uterus

I have been on "light duty" for about a week due to contractions that started last Thursday whenever I was up and active and lasted for hours. Have been checked 3 times and contractions continue but are not progressing anything-- cervix is long and closed, FFN test was negative. Midwife today told me that I have an irritable uterus-- basically anytime I am moving around (really for more than 30 min at a time), I have what feels like constant BH-- super tightening in my entire belly and around my back with intermittent low pelvic cramping anytime I am doing anything. They stop once I lie down for about an hour. She said to expect it until I deliver and there is no increased risk for preterm labor with irritable uterus. It occurs in about 5% of pregnancies and is much more common in subsequent pregnancies. She offered to write me off work but I am holding off for now so I can save my leave but I'm not sure how long I will make it.

Anyone else diagnosed with this? I experienced nothing like this with my first 2 babies.

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

Re: Irritable Uterus

• Options
    I have had this with all four pregnancies. This one is the worst when there is stressed introduced to the equation. Nothing you can really do but get used to it unfortunately. I have always worked until i went into labor. Sitting home makes the time go by to slowly. Good luck!
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and I've had it every time. It was even so bad yesterday, I renewed my google search of the topic to see if new info was out there. I found this article that I think really does a great job talking about it and its causes.
    https://www.babble.com/pregnancy/9thingsthatcanirritateyouruterus/dehydration
    The key to staying out of labor and delivery, is to make sure they stop when lying down. If it continues while down, then it's real. Good luck! And welcome to the club!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I was diagnosed with irritable uterus a couple weeks ago. It's exactly as you described nonstop tight belly. Laying down has been the only cure so far. Oh, and peeing when my bladder is full. It's so weird that my belly gets rock hard just because I have to pee! The night they told me after being monitored in l and d I had a little pity party for myself that I have to deal with this for the rest of my pregnancy but now I've adjusted and can totally deal with it most of the time.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"