November 2012 Moms

Your thoughts please.

On giving LO yogurt?

I want to try but don't want to make his tummy upset because of the cows milk it's made with.

Thoughts? Concerns? 

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

Re: Your thoughts please.

• imageMandJS:
    I'd do greek yogourt, but I'd give a small amount, no question.

Yehp. We do Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt.

Very very low carb for a yogurt, high protein. Plus FRUIT!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I found the Yoplait Baby Yogurt that's all natural and way less sugar then regular yogurt. Comes in banana and pear and only has 5 ingredients.  I started out with just putting a little in a bowl and the rest in a resealable container so we could use it more than once. He doesn't seem to have an issue with it but gets gas with full milk formula. I use Gerber good start with the extra small proteins to prevent the gas attacks.  I never thought about the Greek yogurt though. I don't like yogurt myself but have thought about trying the Greek yogurt. Maybe I'll try that after I'm out of the baby yogurt. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No advice yet, but I am planning on asking the pedi at our appt tomorrow (6 month check up). I bought some Happy Baby greek yogurt pouches (just 2 to try) and am going to ask if I can give them to him now, or if we should wait.

• If you have a sprouts or whole foods near you, you should be able to hit them up for coconut milk yogurt. Cultured Coconut Milk. If it is just the milk component you are worried about.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you everyone. I may wait until he actually starts drinking cows milk.

I, too, don't eat yogurt but LO is good about everything I have given him so far.. 

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• zmosszmoss member

I've given LJ a little yogurt. Greek and regular--mostly plain.

My pedi said that the yogurt has been processed (pasturized?) so that the strains of lactose in it that effect the stomach are not as harsh on the tummy. BS? I dunno. 

As everything--try in moderation.

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"