November 2013 Moms
Options

Toddlertraveling

Anyone traveled to Europe from the US while pregnant? Wondering if I should get some compression socks. I will be almost 6 months pregnant and will be traveling with my DH and DS who will be 20 months. Not sure if we should take his car seat on the plane either or if its best to have his seat be open so he can play or lay. An tips/advice would be awesome!! Thanks ladies!

Re: Toddlertraveling

• Options
    I didn't fly to Europe but I did fly across country with my son when he was about 2. He did very well without the car seat and I brought a pillow and blanket for him as well as some toys and snacks. I also got some childrens dramamine in case he got motion sickness and to help him nap if it got to that point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    https://www.aintnomomjeans.com/2012/05/tipsforflyingalonewithkids.html

Just saw this on Pinterest. I'm traveling with a 2 yr old in a month from Hawaii to Ohio. We planned our trip as a red eye flight so she will sleep a good portion. And in the past we have used sleepy Tylenol to help her relax too. iPad is great and bring your own healthy snacks! I'm thinking about not using the car seat cause its so bulky and just using a pillow or maybe even a booster seat. Good luck!
  • Options
    Oh and I've traveled at 6 months with my first and got nauseas on the plane and actually fainted one time cause of the air changes.. Not to scare you. But you may want to talk with your doc for nausea meds and make sure you drink lots of water on the plane.
  • Options
    imageelishab32:
    Oh and I've traveled at 6 months with my first and got nauseas on the plane and actually fainted one time cause of the air changes.. Not to scare you. But you may want to talk with your doc for nausea meds and make sure you drink lots of water on the plane.

We are thinking red eye too. I've flow from CA to MI at 7.5 months with my first pregnancy but that was only a 4 hour flight not 15 hours! Yikes!! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"