February 2012 Moms
Options

Detox? Cleanse? NBR

Has anyone done a detox or a cleanse? What would you recommend or suggest I avoid?

I just want to do something to kick start eating healthy and get the sugar out of my system so I stop craving it so much. Please help. TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Detox? Cleanse? NBR

• Options
    Please don't mess around with either a detox or a cleanse. They basically "work" by causing diarrhea for a few days which dehydrates you and causes you to drop some water weight. You gain it all back the first week you stop. Your body is amazing at cleaning and rejuvenating itself. It never needs an artificial "cleanse" and many detoxes can have dangerous ingredients that are not FDA approved.

Instead, could I suggest doing a "stress detox" and dedicate 30 minutes each day to relaxing and making yourself feel good, whether that means taking a walk alone, taking a hot bath with candles, etc. and you can also commit to two times a day when you are having unhealthy food cravings, replacing what you would have otherwise eaten with a healthier alternative. Just small things here and there that can really add up to making you feel so much better.

Cleanses and detoxes are just expensive wastes of time that will not ultimately produce any lasting results.
  • Options
    Ditto sooner. Also, definately look into the south beach diet. You can find all the info online if you're good at google and it works by cutting your addiction to sugar. It is healthy and very effective.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So all cleansing is bad? I'm just looking for something to do for a week. Not as a diet, but just to kinda flush my system. I'm looking to drink a lot of water and liquids and limiting my food intake, perhaps taking a supplement as well.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Look into southbeach. It has a cleanse portion that lasts two weeks that restarts your body.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with the responses above that cleanses are not good! I also agree with Ainslie- lots of water and clean eating! When I want to flush out my system, I drink at least 12 glasses of water a day, eat plenty of fruit and veggies and don't eat anything processed. It makes me feel so much better! 
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"