April 2013 Moms
Options

Omg!!! I'm so going to loose it

I feel like a failure but she won't stop crying!! And I feel like its pushing my patience I just want to start crying!!! 3 days in a row of nothing but screams and her being completely unsootheable!! She screams like she's dying or she's being hurt and she won't stop! It's starting to push my patience. Any advice please would be great!!

Re: Omg!!! I'm so going to loose it

• Options
    Just responded to a similar post below, but try taking a walk outside... or if the weather suck just put her in the stroller and stroll around the house. Keep the house on the cooler side think of how cozy it is to snuggle in a blanket on a chilly day. Or go for a drive! Sometimes that gentle rumble motion soothes the newborn crazies! Good luck mama hang in there!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    imageskidderdo:
    Just responded to a similar post below, but try taking a walk outside... or if the weather suck just put her in the stroller and stroll around the house. Keep the house on the cooler side think of how cozy it is to snuggle in a blanket on a chilly day. Or go for a drive! Sometimes that gentle rumble motion soothes the newborn crazies! Good luck mama hang in there!

I'm trying so hard to hang in there. I've tried the car rides but doesn't help so much just slightly. Today I hope to go on a walk with her since its nice and sunny out here today
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LOs both love skin to skin time with gentle rocking.  I would strip them down to a diaper and take my shirt off and lay them on my chest.  I then cover there back with a soft blanket and rock back and forth.  They were out within minutes.  The stroller walks definitely help too.  Try to hang in there!  If you need a minute just lay her in her crib and take a second to regroup.  Good luck and hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this! It's hard enough for me when my LO cries non-stop for just an hour, I can't imagine 3 days! Do you have someone else who can watch her for a while so you can take a break away from her and gather yourself? I don't know what you've tried so far, as far as swaddling, putting her in a swing, taking her for a walk, using Colic Calm, etc. It's a matter of trial and error to figure out what works for your little girl. Perhaps the 5 S's from the book Happiest Baby on the Block would help?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you nursing? It may be something in your diet. Make sure she is well burped, sometimes if their tummy hurts they will burp again about 20 mins after a feed and that will relieve some pain. Hang in there, it will get easier. All previous suggestions are great, it's a lot of trial and error.
  • Options
    imageCrazyMary77:
    I'm so sorry you're going through this! It's hard enough for me when my LO cries nonstop for just an hour, I can't imagine 3 days! Do you have someone else who can watch her for a while so you can take a break away from her and gather yourself? I don't know what you've tried so far, as far as swaddling, putting her in a swing, taking her for a walk, using Colic Calm, etc. It's a matter of trial and error to figure out what works for your little girl. Perhaps the 5 S's from the book Happiest Baby on the Block would help?
    I've tried swing, rocker, skin to skin, and just when I think she's finally down she wakes up even more angry at the fact that she woke up and the whole process starts again! I'm starting to think maybe she's colic.
  • Options

DD was like that  and she absolutely hated the car.  I have a few things to try.  First, if it's gas try putting her straddling your forearm with her head in your hand (you can also try on your lap but I always found the forearm method to be better).  The pressure on her tummy will feel good and will help force out any gas that may be in there.

Another thing that worked amazingly well for us: Get a swaddle blanket (I like the swaddle blankets from Summer Infant) and a white noise machine (I use the Homedics one) and put it on "waterfall."  Turn it up pretty loud (not necessarily as loud as it goes, but louder than you think it should be).  This will help baby sleep because being swaddled is like being in the womb and suppresses the baby's startle reflex and the white noise machine also reminds baby of the womb and also blocks out other noise.  I can say that once the white noise machine went on DD stopped crying and fell asleep without fail.  DD actually still uses her white noise machine and she's 3 (and sleeps 12 hours a night!).

Good luck momma, I know it's hard but hang in there.  Eventually you'll find something that works for you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hang in  there - my first had colic and my dh and I would spend evenings and overnights in shifts shushing and walking the floors.  white noise machines helped us.  Also bring it up to your dr. They may have a few other ideas.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Does she like the bath? Both my girls seemed really calmed by a warm bath. Noise machine or vacuum cleaner worked well with my first, too. There's even an eleven hour Youtube video of white noise smart phone apps if you don't want to buy a noise machine. I'm sorry you're going through this it sounds absolutely miserable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    imageburneyonboard:
    My LOs both love skin to skin time with gentle rocking.nbsp; I would strip them down to a diaper and take my shirt off and lay them on my chest.nbsp; I then cover there back with a soft blanket and rock back and forth.nbsp; They were out within minutes.nbsp; The stroller walks definitely help too.nbsp; Try to hang in there!nbsp; If you need a minute just lay her in her crib and take a second to regroup.nbsp; Good luckrnd hope this helps!

I second all of this! My LO is very soothed and calmed by skin to skin time or when I wear her in the Moby baby wrap.
  • Options

OP - If nothing is working, it ***IS*** ok to put baby down (someplace safe, obviously, like the crib) and just walk away for a few minutes. I know it won't help calm down your baby, but it will at least give you a few minutes to regain your cool.

Good luck - It WILL get better. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh mommies y'all are wonderful!! SO just called I'm a wreck, my friend wants me to come over so I can sleep, but I'm just so embarrassed and feel like such a crappy mom. Oh I miss socializing with a grown up!! I am defenatly going to try several things on here. Swaddling gets her more frustrated because she can't move her hands and she hates it, the swing works for 10 minutes but then binky falls out and she gets so angry. Clearly I have a lot to learn about my little girl, and I hate it when I relize that I'm mad at her for crying when she's just a baby.
  • Options

imageJorleny:
    Oh mommies y'all are wonderful!! SO just called I'm a wreck, my friend wants me to come over so I can sleep, but I'm just so embarrassed and feel like such a crappy mom. Oh I miss socializing with a grown up!! I am defenatly going to try several things on here. Swaddling gets her more frustrated because she can't move her hands and she hates it, the swing works for 10 minutes but then binky falls out and she gets so angry. Clearly I have a lot to learn about my little girl, and I hate it when I relize that I'm mad at her for crying when she's just a baby.

My baby also freaks out when I swaddle him and he can't move his arms/hands, so we've started swaddling him with his arms out. It doesn't work with the velcro swaddlers, but you can do it with a blanket (we use the Aden & Anais blankets, but any swaddling blanket should be fine).

https://www.babycenter.com/how-to-swaddle-your-baby-gallery

Just place the blanket a little lower and be sure to leave baby's arms free. This makes our baby happy because he can still move his arms and touch his face, but he sleeps SO much better when he is swaddled. We also use white noise, we have the sleep giraffe and I always turn it on when putting him down.

Good luck, hope it gets better. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    imageJollyWife:

Do you have a wrap or a sling?  When dd (and, previously, ds) gets like that she almost always calms down when I pop her into the sling, walk and bounce a little, and pat her bum. She hates to be put down and the sling is so much easier than trying to carry her all day.

eta: you are not a failure!  This newborn stage is just really tough! 

This!  

Or... DD had a dairy sensitivity and during the weeks that the dairy was leaving my system but still bothering her I used an old fashioned water bottle from the drug store on her belly.  It was basically the same size as my DD but it worked like a charm... put her right to sleep after a few minutes.  Just make sure it's not really hot, just warm and cozy.  

Good luck.  Just know that you are not alone in this!  Many of us have gone through it or are going through it.  Praying that your LO feels better!

• Options
    I agree with the white noise!! We didn't have a machine but I downloaded an app on my iPhone and it worked wonders! Literally the second I put it down, his eyes finally dropped and he passed out. I used the old tv static sound bc it kind of sounds like a long continuous shh. Good luck!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Definitely try the white noise machine if you haven't already!  Hang in there, mama, don't feel guilty or bad.. it IS frustrating when you can't figure out what's wrong with them!  Set her down and take a break when you need to, and remember this too shall pass!

hang in there! 

• Options
    My friend gave me a moby and I take her everywhere with me and its done wonders today!! So I'm hoping I found a trick to her :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"