Pregnant after IF

???? 2nd Tri Check-In ????

Yeh, I'm having fun with the character map on the titles now-a-days. Gotta do something to spice it up! Anyhoo...Happy Tuesday, 2nd Tri Mamas!!

Welcome to our new additions - joules12, Shortie24, and DahliaFlower! I can't believe we're almost to November babies in 2nd Tri! If there are any other newcomers that would like to be added to the list, post below and include your EDD.

No grads last week, but I think we'll be losing a couple ladies this week so if anyone's moving on to 3rd Tri, post below so we can say our goodbyes.

As always, keep those appointments and updates coming and those Team Pink / Blue announcements rolling in! 

QOTW: As far as the decisions listed below, what are your thoughts right now? Obviously, some of us are undecided or will change our minds, so input from others might be informative and helpful!
-- BFing or formula?
-- SAHM or working away from home?
-- Co-sleeping or separate rooms?
-- Cloth or disposable diapering?
-- Daycare or nanny?

2nd Tri Mamas
July
cdale86 7/26/2013 Twins - B/G
JessS15 7/30/2013 Team Green
August
reemap916 8/01/2013 Twins - B/G
Wadzfaith 8/11/2013 Girl
coastalchristina 8/21/2013 Girl
GonnaBMrs.A 8/21/2013 Boy
nawlinsgrl 8/23/2013 Boy
Native+Girl 8/23/2013 Boy
baker916 8/26/2013 Girl
ARS0805 8/29/2013 Girl
KMD1106 8/30/2013 Team Green
jlshapir 8/30/2013 Team Green
September
NDGOIRISH 9/03/2013 Twins - G/G
Juicy71 9/04/2013 Girl
RoadToFertility 9/06/2013 Twins
Sony22 9/18/2013
afsalinas 9/24/2013
October
luvboston 10/4/2013
MrsSmith414 10/4/2013
wendydances 10/6/2013
new+tothis 10/7/2013 Girl
RachH517 10/8/2013 Twins
vensell 10/12/2013 Twins
JewelsW1980 10/12/2013 Boy
ashleymarie512 10/13/2013
conradtn 10/13/2013
Julie21613 10/14/2013
asilwhite 10/14/2013 Boy
jeannaqueena 10/15/2013
joules12 10/19/2013 Twins - G/G
Shortie24 10/22/2013
DahliaFlower 10/24/2013 Boy

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

Re: ???? 2nd Tri Check-In ????

• Update: No major news. I'm seeing the baby kick now which is really weird. V-Day is this Friday which is pretty awesome. I think I'll feel a little safer closer to 28 weeks though.

QOTW: I reserve the right to change my mind on any of these, but for now, this is my plan.

-- BFing or formula? BFing. I have PCOS so I'm nervous I'll have supply issues.
    -- SAHM or working away from home? Going back to work. We only get 6 weeks maternity leave but I'll be using PTO and FMLA to hopefully extend that to 12 weeks, even if some of it is unpaid.
    -- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? I'll probably sleep on the couch or in the nursery for the first few weeks with the baby either in the crib or RNP/PNP. DH snores so sleeping in the same room as him isn't happening. I'll eventually go to sleeping in separate rooms, just not sure when that transition usually happens.
    -- Cloth or disposable diapering? Disposable.
    -- Daycare or nanny? Daycare, for now. Maybe a nanny eventually.

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**

U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

• Hi ladies and welcome to the new 2nd tri mamas!

I announced on the board on Sunday that we found out via elective ultrasound that we are having a little boy!! We're so excited! I'm hoping the A/S in a month will confirm that, but we got a VERY clear picture of the goods and with that and the angle of the dangle (angle was straight towards his head) I think it's safe to say we're having a little guy!!

I also switched from an OB to a Midwife because I want a natural birth, or the least intervention possible, obviously with a healthy mom and baby as #1 priority, so I meet her in a couple weeks.

QOTW:

- BFing or formula? BFing all the way. I'll get a lactation consultant if I'm having issues (which hopefully I won't) but I really want to due to the health benefits and bonding time with my little guy. I will obviously supplement if little man isn't getting the nutrients he needs, but I'm hoping to breastfeed for at least the first year. 

-SAHM or Working away from home? I'm kind of in the middle because I work from home now, so I'll continue do so after the baby is born (after 4 months of mat leave), but I'll have someone taking care of him during my workday.

- Co-sleeping or Separate rooms? Co-sleeping definitely until he is a lot older. I'm not sure when that will be yet, but since I'll hopefully be nursing it will be a lot more convenient for me to have him close by especially during those middle of the night feedings. Happy mom, happy baby!

- Cloth or Disposable? Cloth and I already bought some to start my stash - they are SO cute! 

Daycare or Nanny? Nanny who will be in the home when I'm working, and my MIL and Mom want to watch him 1 day a week, so split between family and a nanny in our home

ETA: and like NativeGirl, I know these can change once the baby is actually here, but these are my current plans! 

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd like to join! 

I just crossed the 2nd tri on Monday - due November 1 with twins.

QOTW:

- I'd like to breast feed for sheer ease... or at least in my head what is ease right now, instead of getting up in the night to make bottles x2. We'll see how that works out. 

- I'll be a SAHM. 

- We're going to co-sleep / have them close for a few months. I've read a lot of good things about it and again... the ease.

- I'd love to cloth diaper, but with two and a big city apartment it might be more work than it's worth. I need to look into a diaper service and have the best of all of it. 

- Since I'm staying home we'll have a doula before, during, and after the birth, but then a little nanny help. Even so, I'll be home with them the whole time, too. 

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • imageMitzi Bishi:

I'd like to join! 

I just crossed the 2nd tri on Monday - due November 1 with twins.

Our first November mama! Welcome! I'll get you added for next week's check-in.

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

• Another happily uneventful week.  Barely feeling baby boy move, and starting to wonder if I don't have another AP, even though the MFM said it was PP this time, but that was a few weeks back.  Just enjoying being able to sleep until the kicks start being really obvious for now.  Like Native+Girl, also looking forward to V-Day on Friday.

-- BFing or formula?: I will give BF'ing the old college try again (had horrible luck last time), but will FF when I go back to work, if not sooner.

-- SAHM or working away from home?:  Definitely work away from home.  DH is wrapping a masters degree and will be taking care of the kids until at least next May.  

-- Co-sleeping or separate rooms?:  Separate rooms after a few weeks.  He'll be in the bassinet at first, and after a few weeks, he'll go into his crib in his room.  I did that with DD, had her in her room at 5 weeks, and by 6.5 weeks she was STTN.  My theory is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

-- Cloth or disposable diapering?: DD

-- Daycare or nanny?: DH will be at home with both DD and DS through at least May.  Once he has a job, we'll have a nanny over the summer, and then hopefully both will start daycare next fall when they are 2 and 1.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Ladies!

I have a normal OB appointment tomorrow, should be uneventful.  As most of you likely saw, last week we also had an elective scan and found out it was a boy.  I know it's early but it was very clear and we're confident that it's correct.  It'll be confirmed at the A/S in several weeks.

-- BFing or formula? I'm 99% sure I want to BF & pump.  I'll be the first in my family to BF, so I'm a little nervous.  One of my friends is a lactation consultant and has already offered to be my 24/7 help.

-- SAHM or working away from home? I'll be working away from home six weeks after birth. :(

-- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? Separate rooms from the start, we hope.

-- Cloth or disposable diapering?   Disposable.

-- Daycare or nanny?  Daycare.  We've already met with our school and trust them!  We have several teacher friends who have children there and know the owners through church.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Nothing new since last week!  My a/s is May 13 when hopefully we'll find out if we are team pink or blue! 

-- BFing or formula? BFing for first 6 months anyway

-- SAHM or working away from home? After 3 months paid maternity leave, I will work from home 3x a week and go into the office the other 2.

-- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? Will probably have lo in a pnp in our room for the first 6 weeks, then move to his/her own room

-- Cloth or disposable diapering? Disposable

-- Daycare or nanny?  Mom & MIL will split the 2 days that I go into the office.

Me 35, DH 36
    TTC summer 2008
    Diagnose me. DOR, DH perfect
    IUI # 1 6/2010, BFN
    IUI # 2 8/2010, BFN
    IVF # 1 10/2010 Canceled poor response
    IVF 1.2 12/2010 BFP! mc 6 weeks 2 days
    Mental health break for 10 months
    IVF # 2 10/2011 BFN
    IVF # 3 5/2012 BFP! 10 eggs retrieved (best ever)
    7 fertilized transferred 3
    Beta #1 14dpo - 72, Beta #2 17dpo 145 Beta 3 20dpo 521
    First u/s June 15 saw HB 126 bpm missed m/c 7/5/12 10 weeks D&C 7/6/12
    IVF#4 ER 9/30 ET 10/3 Beta 10/16 BFFN. IVF #5 final with o/e. ER 1/21 only 1 retrieved, hoping my lonestar is the one. Beta #1 2/6/13 = 209.... please let this be it! Keep growing lonestar! Beta #2 2/8/13 - 586! , Beta #3 2/10/13 = 1898. First u/s perfect little heart beat at 116 bpm. Measure 6 weeks 1 day. EDD 10/14/13
    3/4/13 measuring right on track beautiful heartbeat 171 bpm, graduated from RE to OB... bittersweet.
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome! Its a girl! 

Maggie Grace is here!  10/5/13... 8lbs 6 ounces of pure joy!

TTC#2  No birth control since DD was born.  Getting ready to jump back in the saddle.  Weaning this month. RE
    appt scheduled 5/8.   Here we go again!

IFV# 6.  10/27  6 retrieved 4 mature 3 fertilized.  2 made it to 3dt 10/30. 1"very pretty 8 cell" and 1 6 cell.  Beta
    11/13.   Please stick embies!!!!  We love you so much already! 11/12/14  POAS, BFP... beta tomorrow!
    11/13 beta #1  924!!!  2nd bet 11/15 1906, one more on 11/17 3rd & final beta 3430.  First u/s 12/5, 7w4d, 2 heartbeats,
    both measuring right on track....2nd u/s... all is well... both beans measuring right on track... released from RE... first
    appointment with MFM 1/5.  Looks like this is really happening!

• Thanks so much for keeping this going, Native+Girl! I've enjoyed sharing with you all during the second trimester! I'll be moving on up to third trimester now!

Wishing all of you the best throughout the rest of your second trimester!

TTC since October 2010 Dx with PCOS
    Six months of Metformin=BFN, Six rounds of Clomid=BFN
    October 2012: Follistim, Ovidrel and 1500MG Metformin = BFP!
    11/20/2012: Beta #1- 176! 11/23/2012: Beta #2- 738!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nothing too exciting this week.  Next OB appt and glucose test aren't until the 21st.  Feeling baby girl move a lot more and DH feels her moving pretty easily now, which is pretty fun.  V-day is Monday!  

-- BFing or formula?  Plan to BF until I go back to work, but I have no issue with formula if it doesn't work out or if I need to supplement. 
    -- SAHM or working away from home? Going back to work after my awesome six months of maternity leave.  
    -- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? Plan to have the baby in the PnP in our room the first 4-8 weeks, then she'll be in her crib in her room.
    -- Cloth or disposable diapering?  Disposable.  Can you even do cloth diapers in daycare?

-- Daycare or nanny? Daycare when I go back to work 

TTC #1 7/10, Me (31)- Dx DOR (AMH 0.6); DH (30)- normal
    BFP on Cycle #8. Natural M/C at ~8 weeks
    IUI #1 and #2 (8/12, 9/12)- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel = BFNs
    IVF #1 (EPP) 13R/10M/9F, 5DT 1-4AA blast, beta #1-148, beta #2-322, 5 frosties! 
     image  image  
  • imageJessS15:

Thanks so much for keeping this going, Native+Girl! I've enjoyed sharing with you all during the second trimester! I'll be moving on up to third trimester now!

Wishing all of you the best throughout the rest of your second trimester!

Congrats and have fun over in 3rd Tri! See you soon!

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

• Hi all!  22 weeks tomorrow and feeling pretty good!!  Nothing too exciting to report but I have another cervical check on Thursday so I'm looking forward to seeing the baby again.  I have one more cc at 24 weeks and then a growth u/s at 28 weeks.  4  weeks is going to be the longest I've gone without seeing my girl in a while.  Then I have to wait 4 more weeks to 32 weeks and then I will start non-stress tests and BPP u/s twice per week for the rest of the pregnancy!!  My OB told me at 20 weeks that, due to my age, they won't let me go past my due date either, so if there is no baby by 9/4, they will induce.

QOTW:  Here is the plan right now:

-- BFing or formula? Hoping to breast feed as long as possible!!
    -- SAHM or working away from home? I work from home 90-95% of the time so we are trying to figure out a way to keep the baby home with me.  Not sure how we're doing it yet though!!
    -- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? We got an Arm's Reach co-sleeper and will keep her with us for the first few months at least and then she will more than likely move to her nursery.  We'll see though.. :)
    -- Cloth or disposable diapering? I'm starting with disposables but am really considering moving to cloth at some point.
    -- Daycare or nanny?  Probably thinking more nanny (family member) based on my at-home work schedule.

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I would love to be added!  My EDD is 10/28/13, and we are expecting a boy!

We found out the results from our Harmony test last week, and everything looks great!  We are excited about our baby boy!

As for the questions:

- I am definitely hoping to breastfeed.  I had breast reduction surgery 10+ years ago, so I've heard that it may not be possible, but I am hopeful.

- I am a psychologist and work about 25-30 hours a week. I plan on continuing work, maybe cutting down to 20-25 hours a week.

- For the first few weeks, we'll probably have a bassinet or pack n play in our room, but will plan to transition to a nursery asap.

- Planning to try cloth!  Scary, and my family/friends think we are crazy, but I'm excited about it. 

- Hopefully we can find a nanny for at least the fist 6 months ago. Daycare is just so expensive, especially since we don't need it full time.  

Me: 35, DH: 34, Started TTC #1 since November '11
    Several Clomid/Femara rounds, then fresh IVF September '12
    Fresh IVF #1: chemical pregnancy, FET #1: ectopic, methotrexate
    FET #2 resulted in our amazing baby boy Levi, born on 11/3/13 at 8 lbs, 5 oz. He is our everything!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image   image
  • Can I be added to the list? My due date is October 26.

Here are my plans, so far:

• BFing, as long as all goes well
    • Working away from home
    • Co-sleeping for first couple of months, then separate rooms
    • Cloth diapering
    • Daycare (ideally it will be my aunt watching LO at her home)
    TTC #1 since Oct 2009, Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    HSG: Right tube all clear, left tube inconclusive
    3 failed Clomid Cylces
    4/5 lap revealed blocked left tube, but right tube is open
    April/May- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1= CANCELLED left ovary ovulating
    June 1- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1 = BFN
    June 28- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #2 =BFP!
    7/12 Beta #1= 14 Beta #2= >5 Chemical Pregnancy :(
    July-Nov long break to recover emotionally and financially
    Nov 24- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #3= BFN
    Jan 22- Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI# 4 = CANCELLED no response on right
    IVF #1- Start stims 4/7, ER 4/20, 21R, 14F, 6 frosties, ET 4/25, 2 embryos transferred= BFN :(
    FET #1- June 2012, Lurpon starts 5/27- CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 2- August 2012, delayed until Sept-CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 3- ET 10/11, 2 embryos transferred,= BFFN
    FET #2- Transfer 12/4--Cancelled, no embies survived thaw :(
    Next steps-- IVF #2 with new RE in March
    HOLY SURPRISE BFP 2/15/13!!!! Beta 1- 286, Beta 2- 782, First Ultrasound 2/25- baby in uterus & all looks good!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Afternoon ladies! My week is going well. Feeling good, and just taking it easy! I "think" I felt something going on in there this past weekend... twice. I can't really explain it and I don't have anything to relate to but there was something happening and it just brightened my day! My a/s is the closest thing I have coming up on May 10th and DH and I are super excited and cannot wait!

QOTW: This is my plan!

-- BFing or formula? Breastfeeding is high on my must do important list. I am going to take a class at my local hospital and have already done a ton of research!
    -- SAHM or working away from home? I will be working away from home. I would give anything to be a SAHM but we just cannot swing it. I do have 8wks of STD I am going to be taking.
    -- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? LO will be in our room in a RNP or PNP for the first few weeks, as this is easier I hear from STMs. After that we will transition into his/her own room.
    -- Cloth or disposable diapering? Disposable.
    -- Daycare or nanny? I am looking into a home daycare now. I do not like the idea of a large chain daycare and my child will never be attending one (I worked at a Kindercare for years) its just not what I picture when I have to leave my child everyday! My mom has also offered her afternoons so this will be helpful also!

Me; 28 Hubby: 29 - TTC since 5/11 - PCOS Cycle #18-21 Clomid & Trigger & TI = BFN 
    Cycle #22 Gonal-F & Trigger & IUI = BFFP!! EDD 10/4/13 Beta#1 50.5, Beta#2 212, Beta#3 452, First HB 133!!!Logan William born 10/7
  • Update: If you can believe it I was rear ended yesterday, I am ok my neck is a little sore. Had the amnio today, results Friday. 

-- BFing or formula? 

I will BF for a short time even though I have zero desire. I also have a prolactinoma so we will see if that's even possible. 

I would love to SAHM but we will see about finances

Co sleep to start

Honest disposable
    -- Daycare or nanny?

Nanny ie grandma don't trust anyone else 

6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Had a great 16 week apt today!!!! My dr gave me big thumbs up for making it this far!  Don't want to jinx myself but we might be making it out of the scary SCH woods!!  A/S in 2 weeks cant wait!!

QOTW:

breast feeding hopefully as DS did great ( after some early latch issues). Not worried about my milk supply as my boobs are growing daily!

SAHM I am this now and love it!  My tip is finding a moms group to keep you sane during the week!!

baby will sleep in a bassinet in our room for a couple weeks and then transition to the nursery by one month ( or that is the plan!! )

cloth diapering and don't have to buy much if this is a boy!  If she's a girl then I will need some fun girlie prints.  We are not 100% cloth so some disposables will be around for back ups!!! 

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • No major updates except that I'm starting to feel a lot better. Not nearly the m/s issues I was having before. Having some RLP, heartburn and occasional headaches, but can't complain :

BFing or formula: Going to try to BF if I can, that's the goal!
    SAHM or working away from home: Working, as I'm the primary income right now. Ill take 12 weeks of leave though.
    Cosleeping or separate rooms: Start in our room, but will transition to nursery as soon as possible.
    Cloth or disposable diapering: Thought about CD, but probably will end up with disposable.
    Daycare or nanny: Looking at both. Due to our work schedules and husbands flexibility, well only need one maybe two days of daycare. Would love a nanny, but unsure. My college aged cousin would like to, but we don't know her schedule yet.
  • Update: Going in tomorrow to check on baby's probably VSDs on the heart. Praying for good news! Otherwise, I've been feeling more kicks lately, which is really fun!

QOTW:
    -- BFing or formula?
    I'm hoping to BF, but because of my ulcerative colitis, I might not be able to. (The meds are bad for baby, so I need to see how I do without meds.)
    -- SAHM or working away from home? Going back to teaching after 12 weeks.
    -- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? Same room for around 6 months
    -- Cloth or disposable diapering? disposable
    -- Daycare or nanny? daycare, probably an in-home one

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Hi ladies!!  I have a MFM appointment tomorrow for another cervical length check (should be my last one) and they are going to do a growth u/s too so I'm excited to see the little guy again.  My mom is going with me since DH has to work and she doesn't know what we're having so she's in for a surprise tomorrow!  And tomorrow is V-day!

QOTW:
    -- BFing or formula?  Breastfeeding
    -- SAHM or working away from home?  Going back to work after 6 weeks :( 
    -- Co-sleeping or separate rooms?  Separate rooms, but he will be in a PNP in our room for the first few weeks.
    -- Cloth or disposable diapering?  Disposable 
    -- Daycare or nanny?  We're planning on having my mom watch him for the first year and then probably an in home daycare. 

My Blog: The Journey
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    TTC with PCOS since 4/2011
    1500mg Metformin
    4 Clomid cycles (3 cancelled) / 2 Clomid + Follistim + IUI cycles
    10/2012 & 11/2012- Treatment break while waiting for new insurance to become effective.
    IUI #3 in December... or not. Surprise BFP on 12/9/12!
    12/10 Beta #1: 25, 12/13 Beta #2: 122, 12/17 Beta #3: 738
    12/20 1st u/s, 12/27 2nd u/s with a heartbeat!, 1/3 3rd u/s & released from RE

EDD: 8/21/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Update:  No major news update here. Tomorrow is V-Day. Had my 24 week appointment today, everything looks good.  Dr checked my cervix since I've been having some cramping and its closed up tight.  Next appointment in 4 more weeks and will be having the glucose test then.

QOTW: As far as the decisions listed below, what are your thoughts right now? Obviously, some of us are undecided or will change our minds, so input from others might be informative and helpful!
    -- BFing or formula? BF if possible
    -- SAHM or working away from home? Work from home (same as now)
    -- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? Sleeping in same room for at least the first few months
    -- Cloth or disposable diapering? disposable
    -- Daycare or nanny? neither

imageimage

Me 33 DH 36 Together 10 years, Married 5 years

TTC #1 since 8/2007 with MFI
    November 2012 - IVF w/ ICSI #1; 11/28/12 - ER 12 eggs! 11 fertilized! 12/3/12 - ET - transferred 1 AA Blastocyst
    Charlotte Hannah -born 8/13/13.
  • No real updates here. I'm starting to feel baby move more now.

I'll be BFing again this time. Last time DS had some issues that made it so I had to pump and feed with syringes. It was terrible but he got BM for a year. This time I'm really hoping to avoid pumping altogether.

I SAH with DS and will with the new baby as well.

I cloth diapered DS and will do the same this time around with the exception of night time. I'm just lazy and have been given a couple packs of diapers already.

We have a RnP that the baby will hopefully sleep in at first then transition to the crib for a short amount of time. Then she'll be on a mattress on the floor. I coslept with DS out of necessity since he was such a horrible sleeper and that's the only way either of us got any sleep. I'd like this baby to be in our room for several months, then in the crib, then on a mattress on the floor until she stops rolling and can move to the twin that's in the nursery. I'm just not big on cribs.

• Hi everyone!

Not much to update this week.  Baby is kicking up a storm and DH felt a kick for the first time Friday night, which was so cool.  My 24 week appointment and the dreading glucose test is approaching in a few weeks.  I have seriously been slacking on baby prep and hope to start on the nursery soon.

QOTW:

-BFing as long as I can - hopefully 6 months.  I see no reason not to try it given the health benefits and its obviously cheaper than formula.

-I'll have to work after my 3 months of leave, unfortunately.

-Baby will sleep in our room for the first month or two and then transition to his or her room.

-Disposable...I love the concept but I can't see myself cloth diapering.

-Daycare...this is the one thing I've done because wait lists here are nuts.  I found a great place that makes me feel very comfortable. But, we are hoping to switch to part time once my mom retires next spring.  

Hope everyone has a great week! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Update:  Everything still looks the same with baby boy.  MFM is concerned for IUGR for baby girl (and I guess baby boy too...but he didn't really say much about him since he's been small all along).  I go back Monday for BPP.  Tuesday is appt with OB.  Thursday is all day appt with all the teams at the hospital we plan to deliver at.  They are moving around like CRAZY and love that I can see the kicks from the outside.

Most of these answers are completely dependent on baby boy's survival and length of hospital stay:

BFing or Formula:  BFing

SAHM or working away from home:  Originally planned to go back to work due to cost of insurance.  If baby boy survives, will SAHM.  Even if he doesn't, I may still SAHM.  It's always been a dream and I feel like I won't want to miss anything if this is our only chance

Co-Sleeping or separate rooms:  Will be staying with in-laws while baby boy is in the hospital so co-sleeping is the only option.  Ideally plan for baby(ies) to be in their own room after a few months.

Cloth or disposable diapering:  Cloth!  Already have a full newborn stash and working on the rest.

Daycare or nanny:  Daycare if I go back to work. 

2 year TTC journey with successful IVF in Nov 2012- B/G Twins!
    Baby Boy diagnosed with omphalocele and diaphragmatic hernia
    Born at 32 weeks due to PROM.  Emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord.
    Said Goodbye to our sweet Bennett after 5 short hours.  
    Spent 35 days in the NICU with our little girl.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagecdale86:

Update:  Everything still looks the same with baby boy.  MFM is concerned for IUGR for baby girl (and I guess baby boy too...but he didn't really say much about him since he's been small all along).  I go back Monday for BPP.  Tuesday is appt with OB.  Thursday is all day appt with all the teams at the hospital we plan to deliver at.  They are moving around like CRAZY and love that I can see the kicks from the outside.

Most of these answers are completely dependent on baby boy's survival and length of hospital stay:

BFing or Formula:  BFing

SAHM or working away from home:  Originally planned to go back to work due to cost of insurance.  If baby boy survives, will SAHM.  Even if he doesn't, I may still SAHM.  It's always been a dream and I feel like I won't want to miss anything if this is our only chance

Co-Sleeping or separate rooms:  Will be staying with in-laws while baby boy is in the hospital so co-sleeping is the only option.  Ideally plan for baby(ies) to be in their own room after a few months.

Cloth or disposable diapering:  Cloth!  Already have a full newborn stash and working on the rest.

Daycare or nanny:  Daycare if I go back to work. 

I hope the doctors are able to help. I can imagine it's mentally exhausting to not know what the outcome will be. I'm thinking of you all. 
    (Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • Hello ladies, may I join the group?! Our twins are due October 30th! Although my OB won't let me go past 38 weeks, which will be October 16, we will see! We are so excited!

I will try breastfeeding, hoping it will work out!

I will go back to work two days per week when they babies are here.

We may start out with rock and plays by our bed while they are tiny. Eventually converting then to their two cribs in the nursery! 

I think disposable just for the convenience, I can't imagine maintaining all of the cloth diapers needed for two newborns!

My mother-in-law has volunteered to watch the two babies when I go back to work, which is a blessing!

I am excited to find out the sex of the babies! I have been noticing a lot of you are finding out the gender around 16 weeks. Is that typically the time people find out?

Have a great week! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I went in today to do the AFP blood test and the heart was 155.

Now I have to wait til 5/29 for the anatomy scan and THEN we'll know which team we're on.

QOTW:

-- BFing or formula? Hopefully BF, but I had a reduction 13 years ago so they don't know if I'll be able t
    -- SAHM or working away from home? Working away from home
    -- Co-sleeping or separate rooms? Separate rooms
    -- Cloth or disposable diapering? Disposable
    -- Daycare or nanny? Daycare, unfortunately...wish we could afford for me to be a SAHM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Sept 2008
    ~~TTC Nov 2010~~

IUI #2: 1/21/13-100mg Clomid(CD3-7)(8M post wash) + progesterone= BFP!! EDD 10/13/13
    Beta #1=81.1 Beta #2=134.5 Beta #3=58.1 #4=2369 WTH?!-Not sure if its viable
    2/21/13 - Went to RE expecting the worse and saw the flutter of the heart.To God be the Glory!!

5/29 - It's a Girl!!
    8/21/13 - Naomi born at 32w3d by csection due to Pre-E
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~ 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imagephoto A789AD50-EAFE-4955-A617-02358EF02DBE_zpsbxkk1n87.jpg
    My Wonder Woman!

• Update:

Nothing too major. I'm feeling lots of pressure/movements at different times of the day. It's funny, one will roll around or stretch like clockwork every night at 7:30 p.m. It's the weirdest feeling. I'm loving all the kicks and pokes - it reminds me to take it easy and not stress, esp at work!

QOTD: 

BF or formula - I'm going to try and BF and pump, but I'm not going to make myself go crazy. I'll supplement if I have to... whatever they need! I'm very much looking forward to breast feeding though!

SAHM or Working - Right now our hope is for me to be a SAHM, but return part time (2 days a week) if it's a possibility with my work and if the pay is enough to make it worth it. I feel very blessed to have the option.

Co-sleeping or Separate rooms- They will be co-sleepers for the first few weeks in our PNP, then transition to their nursery.... I guess. With twins, I have no idea what is going to be the best option. 

Cloth or disposable diapers - Disposable all the way for us. I'm sure I'll have WAY too much on my plate with twins as it is.  

Daycare or Nanny - Grandmas or a babysitter will fill-in for me. 

IVF #1 w/ ICSI 9/2012 (10M 6F), ET 9/24 (1 good pre-blast), BETA 10/4= BFN,
    IVF #2 Microflare w/ ICSI 12/2012 (19M 7F), ET 12/16 (2 Good blasts),
    BETA 12/26= BFP (356), BETA 12/28 (840) 2nd Ultrasound shows TWINS!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Ladies,
    Not much to report, we are progressing nicely. I do have high blood pressure that they are keeping an eye on, I was told to prepare for bed rest towards the end but I am hoping to avoid that (fingers crossed)

-- BFing or formula?
    I plan on BF.
    If finances fall in to place as planned, I am hoping to only work part-time.
    Separate rooms, if I don't do this from day one I would never be able to say no and she would be sleeping with us until college!
    Disposable
    -- Daycare or nanny?
    My MIL is retired and would watch our LO.

• Update: No major updates here. Babies are kicking up a storm and DH loves being able to feel and see them from outside my belly. My next appointment is not until May 13 when we will hopefully find out that the placenta previa has resolved itself and I will also do the glucose test then. Next week will be my last weekly check in with 2nd tri before I move on. Oh and I'm getting bigger by the day. It is getting increasingly hard to stay mobile for longer periods of time!

QOTW: Here is what I'm thinking as of now...

BFing or formula? Breastfeeding is my goal. I hope I am able to successfully feed both the babies from the get go

SAHM or working away from home? I am 85% sure I am going back to work, but I will likely be working from home/virtually

Co-sleeping or separate rooms? Babies will be in a pack n play together with us in our room until we transition them to their cribs

Cloth or disposable diapering? I really wanted to try cloth, but with twins it just seems more feasible to go with disposable

Daycare or nanny? Nanny - especially if I will be working from home

TGIF everyone!! 

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Unexplained Infertility
    7/12-9/12: IUIs #1-#3 = BFN
    11/12: IVF #1 - Transferred 2 blasts (1 frozen) = BFP!
    Beta#1 (11/21) - 194, Beta#2 (11/26) - 1222, Beta#3 (12/2) - 9535 (It's twins!) Pregnancy Ticker
  • Only major update is that I was released from RE last week (at 14 w appt).  I was followed for longer b/c of history of recurrent loss, treatment with steroids, etc.  This week I had a visit w/ my regular OB, which was great.  We talked about plans for upcoming ultrasounds, fetal echo, also work restrictions, etc.  I totally love my OB! Baby seems to be doing great!  I am having a growth u/s at 16 weeks.   

QOTW:

1) BF + bottle feeding of pumped BM

2) Back to work after about 8-10 weeks

3) Co-sleeping for at least 6 months

4) Disposable diapering (I think!  Haven't really looked into cloth)

5) Probably nanny, but maybe eventually transition to daycare at my workplace 

TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"