October 2013 Moms
Options

Choosing a birthday

I had a planned c section with DS and will have another with this LO.  We are due November 6th, but I know I will most likely have this one in October.  Is anyone else having/getting to choose their child's birthday?  It was easy with DS, but I am struggling with this one.

I've been considering October 30th, and I thought it might be fun to have a costume party every year for LO's birthday party.  But, I also hate to miss DS trick or treating this year.  He's four, so it's not that big of a deal to him...I just hate to miss any events.  I don't want to go much earlier than 39 weeks, either.  Ugh.  I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this.  Am I the only one?

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Choosing a birthday

• Options
    I would think the 30th would work. Your SO could take DS trick or treating this year. It would give them some baby free quiet time together and you some time to rest with the new baby.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options
    I need to discuss this with my Dr because she didn't say anything when she prescribed me Lovenox but I've read you have to be induced and taken off medds so there might be some choice in there!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My birthday is Oct 1st and I always felt special as a kid with my birthday on the 1st (no clue why) I'd go with November 1st!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm facing the same dilemma! I have no idea why I'm having such a hard time picking the date. I will be having a repeat c/s around 39 weeks, and my EDD is Oct 7th which puts my 39th week on Sept 30th. There are a ton of early October birthdays (2 nieces, my granny, and my great grandmother) in our family so I think I may be settling on Sept. Then again, I love my bday being on the first of the month so I may go Oct 1st. DH wants to set it for Oct 5th because it's his fave Sgt's bday.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

imagescooterpie85:
    My birthday is Oct 1st and I always felt special as a kid with my birthday on the 1st (no clue why) I'd go with November 1st!

My birthday is Oct 1st too!  It's also easy for people to remember your birthday when it's on the 1st of the month. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagescooterpie85:

I like it...then it would be 11-1-13.  Only problem is, it's a Friday.  At my hospital, the lactation nurses only work Monday through Friday.  So, I'm not sure if I would need them over the weekend.  They were so great and helpful last time...I hate to not have them around.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imagenorbert5:
    I would think the 30th would work. Your SO could take DS trick or treating this year. It would give them some baby free quiet time together and you some time to rest with the new baby.

He could bring DS up to the hospital to visit in his costume! I bet he would love that!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    I'm a planned csection too, but I don't pick the date, the doctor does, based on his schedule and the hospital schedule. I'm glad I'm not the one who gets to decide, too much pressure!

As for your dilemma, I like Oct better than Nov, but I would never go earlier than 39 weeks.
    Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013
  • Options
    Ill be having another planned csection too. My doctor will do 7 days before due date at the earliest so I'm just going to go with 10/22. My due date is 10/29. Even if you child is born after halloween you could still due costume parties! just have the parties before actual bday:)
    DD1
    photo IMG_1287jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagejarebearsmom:
    imagenorbert5:
    He could bring DS up to the hospital to visit in his costume! I bet he would love that!

Yes, I thought so too!  My hospital is very open to siblings hanging out as long as they want.  They even give them their own special hospital tour and gifts...I know I am going to cry that day!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I do.  I am probably going to just do it at 39 weeks exactly which is the 21st :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I guess I choose LO#1s birthday as I was being induced and got to pick the day of the week, but man, I didn't have to choose this far in advance!  Are they really letting you choose almost any day?

I mean, at this point, you aren't looking to go at the beginning of October, so I kind of feel that any day you pick is going to be close enough to Halloween, so I don't see a big difference between any day that last week. 

DS/LO #1: Born March 2012 DS/LO #2: On his way! Due October 2013 image
  • Options
    I'd do it on the 31st. If I was the kid and the 30th was my birthday it would feel almost special but not quite. I'd always wish the 31st was my birthday and be disappointed that it couldnt wait just one day.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"