December 2012 Moms

Still in shock

LO slept through the night two nights in a row!!!  He fussed just a bit the first night at 12am and 4am, but went right back to sleep both times.  He woke up last night at 4am to play with his music box--after the fifth rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle, I rocked him back to sleep.  It was glorious to not have to get out of bed to feed him!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Still in shock

• Doing my happy dance for you.  Party!!!

• Yay!  Go you.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • That's awesome! I hope he continues to sleep through the night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• When I woke up through for the first time and saw daylight outside I swear I heard a choir of angels singing. 
    imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejaimevogt:
    When I woke up through for the first time and saw daylight outside I swear I heard a choir of angels singing. 

imageimage

• This is why I love December 12.  :-D
  • Wow!!! That's really good news. You were doing a modified sleep training right?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • imageperfectlove09:
    Wow!!! That's really good news. You were doing a modified sleep training right?

Yup!  I wasn't expecting him to sleep through the night any time soon.  He has dropped one night feed after another until he was only waking up around midnight for a feed, then waking at 6am for the day.  I'm interested to see if this is a new pattern or if it's a fluke.

I do think the sleep training was a part of this change, but I don't think it's all of it.  At the same time we started sleep training, we also moved him to his crib, in his own room, and went cold turkey on ditching the swaddle.  He was also in the throes of his wakeful period, too.  So I'm wondering if he's finally able to settle his brain down on his own quite a bit more, and was just ready to settle his body down for a longer period, too.  We'll see!

People can say what they want, but the progressive CIO we used worked wonders with our little independent guy.  UO here, but I really think the majority of anti-CIO people are those who are under the impression that you just leave your kid cry forever until he falls asleep.  This is not the case.  Who wants to listen to a baby cry like that?!  That's just cruel.  We do a progression of 2 min of CIO, then 5 min, then maximum 10 min before checking to see what's wrong.  I've never had LO go longer than 17 minutes of CIO (broken up by a check up on him) before he was sound asleep.  He sleeps so much more soundly now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"