October 2013 Moms

Childbirth Class Options

For mobile: Childbirth Class Options

I'm thinking of registering for the 12 week Bradley Method classes. I'm a FTM and would like to go as natural as possible, but I am flexible enough to be open to what happens. When I mentioned this to my OB she said she takes issue with Bradley because some teachers can make some mothers feel bad because they chose pain meds. I know this is not the case with all teachers/classes. Does anyone have experience with the Bradley Method?  

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Childbirth Class Options

• Everyone has an opinion on how a birth should go. I think it is unavoidable to find someone who teaches a class without being biased either way. All you need to do is try your best to prepare for the birth you want, but remember that things might change in the moment and that is perfectly okay. You are a wonderful Mom and it doesn't matter if you get pain medicine or not. :) I would do the class so you can prepare for a natural birth you want. I've heard great things about that method. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That is really sweet. Thank you.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagekdjudd:
    Everyone has an opinion on how a birth should go. I think it is unavoidable to find someone who teaches a class without being biased either way. All you need to do is try your best to prepare for the birth you want, but remember that things might change in the moment and that is perfectly okay. You are a wonderful Mom and it doesn't matter if you get pain medicine or not. :) I would do the class so you can prepare for a natural birth you want. I've heard great things about that method. 

This sums up my thoughts, too. FWIW, I heard the same thing about Bradley's strong opinions from my midwife while I was pregnant with DS. I chose to go with a Lamaze class instead, which was a little more laid back, from what I understand. I loved it! I think that being prepared is the most important part, regardless of approach.

Plus, it was 6 wks instead of 12, which worked better for my schedule. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Isn't Bradley a husband coached method?  I would make sure that DH is on board too since he will be an intergral part. 

BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Agree with the PPs.

Go for it if you and DH really think you'd like it. I'd check out the book from the library first if you want to explore it before committing to a class.

It wasn't for me, but I've had a few friends do it and they swear by it.  

DS/LO #1: Born March 2012 DS/LO #2: On his way! Due October 2013 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"