Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NTTGPR Vent

So I just ran up to the gas station in my town and ran into a girl who is dating one of the guys DH car pools with to work, one of the first things she says to me is that she hears that I don't clean my house anymore now that DH and I are married...... WTH? 

I just laughed it off but then when I got home I texted DH about it cause to hear that he might be saying that to people really bothered me. He says he never said that to anyone and he loves the way I take care of our house. So that girl is making this up? I barely know her why would someone go out of their way to say shiit like that to someone?   

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: NTTGPR Vent

• Options
    I would be pissed too. That's like someone walking up to my husband and saying "I hear your wife says you don't make enough money at work now". Sorry you had to deal with this today.
  • Options

WOW! That would really bother me. I am sorry she was so rude.

Edit: 'Cause I'm a dummy and posted before I finished. Lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That's a really rude thing to say, never mind saying it to a complete stranger. Maybe she thought she was being funny?

married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

I'd be pissed.  Not that I think I'm a great housekeeper (cuz I'm not) but I still make the effort. 

Maybe your house was messy one day and her DH saw it? I always find that the one day where it's really bad, people randomly show up. Then when it's spotless, nobody there to witness it. 

TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    imageDLpanda08:

That's a really rude thing to say, never mind saying it to a complete stranger. Maybe she thought she was being funny?

Maybe she did? I don't know I am guessing she's not the kind of person I want to get to know based on this experience. 

• Options
    imageRocknroll64:

I'd be pissed.  Not that I think I'm a great housekeeper (cuz I'm not) but I still make the effort. 

Maybe your house was messy one day and her DH saw it? I always find that the one day where it's really bad, people randomly show up. Then when it's spotless, nobody there to witness it. 

Maybe.... DH's family comes over randomly a lot, I remember one Saturday DH was away at guard duty so I stayed in sweats and was working in my sewing room when 2 of his cousins showed up... my house was a disaster and I looked like a hot mess I was so embarrassed!

• Options

LOL! This just made me laugh! Totally something my dh would say because he doesn't think before he speaks sometimes! I am always reminding him not to mention jobs and ttc and other personal things when we are around our families because I don't want people knowing, and I can definitely see him slipping.

That was a weird thing to say to you though, especially if she doesn't know you that well!

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

So weird that a stranger would tell you that!  Especially since that is one of the first things she told you.  Strange.

DH will joke a lot and say that I'm used to having a housekeeper (growing up abroad, having a housekeeper was common), and that I don't know how to do the dishes or do the laundry, so he has to do those things---which is kind of true.  He will joke about those things, but only to friends.  I get paranoid that my MIL will think I'm lazy and not good at managing a household!

• Options
    Wow! That's messed up. I don't get what goes through some people's heads!!

BFP 06/05/2013 | EDD 02/10/2014 | D&C 07/12/2013
  • Options
    That is a rude and random thing to say to someone who you don't know very well.
    TTC April 2013
    M/C 1/15 @ 6 weeks
    RE 8/16
    Monitored Clomid 11/15
    M/C 12/16 @ 6 weeks
    Clomid & Ovidrel Shot
    M/C 2/16 @ 8 weeks
    *Currently on Clomid (monitored) and waiting on tissue results.
  • Options
    What a b!tchy thing to say! Some people just need to put others down to feel better abt themselves. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What a twisted thing to say.  Passive aggressive anyone?

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    how very strange! i cant imagine ever saying anything like that to someone, even if it was true. sorry you had to deal with that. she seems pretty nuts! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options

Wow, I don`t know if I could have resisted telling her how rude that is.

• Options
    Wow. Even if your DH did say it, it was rude and disrespectful of her to repeat it.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"