August 2011 Moms
Options

AW my MIL

LOL.  I can't believe I even just typed that.

I love her and she's an amazing woman, but I've mentioned on here before that I feel like our relationship has been somewhat strained since DD was born.  

Well, her and FIL are the primary people we have lined up to take care of DD when I go to the hospital to have this baby.  Mostly because they babysit her the most, plus my family has a ridiculous amount of commitments the week she is due.  And my mom will want to be at the hospital with me, if possible. 

I've been really worried that she's going to be pushy about having DD at their place, instead of coming here, as she regularly mentions having her spend the night at their place "some day."  We have not yet left DD overnight there (or anywhere), and I don't want this to be the first time. I feel like it will be so much more stress on DH, DD and I, for a lot of reasons.

Anyway, we had a huge talk about contingency planning last night, and MIL was amazing.  She immediately (without my asking, before I really got a chance to say anything at all) let me know that she will have a bag all packed and ready to come stay at our place with DD, and she doesn't want me to have any worries.  She did say that while she'd love to have her at their place, she knows that I will be more comfortable with DD at home. 

I'm just so relieved.  I've been really, really upset about having to leave DD when it comes time.  I know it's silly, but I can't help myself.  Anyway, MIL has made me feel a million times more relaxed.  I'm so grateful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: AW my MIL

• Options
    So glad that she is thinking of you and your stress that day.  Go MIL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

For what it's worth, this was one of my biggest worries when we had DS2.  My BIL and his wife were going to watch Max and he's really only been with them a handful of times.  Everything went so well that I can't believe I worried one bit.  Although we did hightail it out of that hospital and back home the second we got the all clear. ;)

What can I say, I missed the little booger!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's always good when parents/in-laws figure these little things out on their own, and I'm glad that you can relax about that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wow - that really is awesome of her. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageeatmorecupcakes:

For what it's worth, this was one of my biggest worries when we had DS2.  My BIL and his wife were going to watch Max and he's really only been with them a handful of times.  Everything went so well that I can't believe I worried one bit.  Although we did hightail it out of that hospital and back home the second we got the all clear. ;)

What can I say, I missed the little booger!

This makes me feel SO much better.  I'm hoping we have a similar experience and my worries are for nothing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"