September 2012 Moms
Options

didn't think it could get worse...(vent)

mobile: didn't think it could get worse...

but it did. Previously for the last 3 weeks DS has been up every hour and half on the dot. I could set a clock by him. I usually spend 10-15 minutes of him crying to get him to go back to sleep. Worst case scenario I would nurse him- but I try to limit that to only 2x a night.  I kept trying to be positive by saying it couldn't get any worse...well it did.

Last night he was up every 40 minutes on the dot. This time I could barely get him to go back down, refused to sleep in his crib and overall was a cranky baby. He is also getting over a cold so that doesn't help.

Blah. That's all. Just a ven for tuesday morning!

Re: didn't think it could get worse...(vent)

• Options

Ugh, that sucks!  Is he teething?  Maybe a dose of motrin before bed would help?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sure he is teething. I gave him advil. Will Motrin make of a difference? Tylenol wasn't working for him so I switched to the advil which I saw a little bit of difference.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCdnFarmGirl08:
    I'm sure he is teething. I gave him advil. Will Motrin make of a difference? Tylenol wasn't working for him so I switched to the advil which I saw a little bit of difference.

Probably not...  they are both ibuprofin.  I hope it ends soon for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That was us for about a month and a half. It was terrible. Every 45 minutes from 712 and then 2 or 3 more wake ups between 12 and 6.

So I feel ya. :[ I hope it gets better for you.

Eventually we did some sleep training since nursing and rocking and the swing became ineffective and he couldn't self soothe at all. It got much, much better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagegingerfamily:

imageCdnFarmGirl08:

thanks. I hope so too. Once this cold is better I think we are going to try CIO again. I tried about 3 weeks ago and he screamed for 2 hours and threw up 3x so I quit. But we'll try again I think.

• Options
    mb314mb314 member

My LO has been doing the same thing.  Last night he slept for an hour and then wouldn't stay back asleep.  I used to be able to cuddle with him and he'd go right back down, but not recently.  I ended up having to wear him in the Ergo so that he would stay asleep and I could get my chores done around the house. 

I don't know if ours is teething or gas.  I think it's gas.

• Options

OMG, I'm sorry, girl. We were there a few weeks ago, I know how horrible that is. GL! 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am so sorry.  Has he been sick lately?  Maybe it's an ear infection?  Sounds like you're doing everything else right so I wonder if it's something like an ear infection that's not clearing up.  It's really hard to detect those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yuck! I really, really, really hope tonight is much better for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagegingerfamily:

imageCdnFarmGirl08:

Isn't Tylenol Acetaminophen, not Ibuprofin? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"