Cloth Diapering

OMG the leaking

I have used Dawn, Eco sprout, rinse rinse rinse.  I am about to give up on cloth diapering but will give it a few more tries if any one has ideas.

I wash every other day in a cold rinse, hot wash, cold rinse, and then another cold rinse.   I use Tide Powder and we have hard water.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                             Breanna, Ellie and 
                             our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: OMG the leaking

• imageGHBEA:
    I have used Dawn, Eco sprout, rinse rinse rinse. nbsp;I am about to give up on cloth diapering but will give it a few more tries if any one has ideas.nbsp;I wash every other day in a cold rinse, hot wash, cold rinse, and then another cold rinse.nbsp;nbsp; I use Tide Powder and we have hard water.

Try boiling the inserts
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ssmetssmet member
    We are having the same issue and it's so frustrating! I stripped the diapers and started a new detergent charlies and that has helped but still some leaking. Honestly, I think it's just a CD thing. We use BG freetimes and the same wash sequence as you. Good luck!
    image image image image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have hard water as well. I have found in the past that Dawn will only work well if the leaking is due to a build up from creams. RLR is much better for stripping diapers that are having issues due to mineral build up from the hard water.

With the leaking though, how often are you changing the diapers? Are there any gaps around the legs? Are the inserts (if you're using pockets) saturated, or hardly wet at all when you change the diaper?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Does your LO use an exersaucer or jumper?  When DS was really loving his jumper, I was going crazy with the leaking pockets. Turns out it was compression leaks from jumping so much.  I doubled the inserts and that helped, but what really helped was spending less time in that thing, lol.
  • GHBEAGHBEA member

Will try the boiling

Have used RLR I have a pack and will use it again.

The inserts are wet not saturated, I change often because I have a fear of them getting a rash. 

THANKS ladies 

Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

• GHBEAGHBEA member

imagestoneycakes:
    Does your LO use an exersaucer or jumper?  When DS was really loving his jumper, I was going crazy with the leaking pockets. Turns out it was compression leaks from jumping so much.  I doubled the inserts and that helped, but what really helped was spending less time in that thing, lol.

We do have one but never had an issue when either of them used it. 

Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

• may be check the diapers from the inside to see if they are not delaminated,or check if the elastic still in good condition.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always been under the impression that traditional laundry detergents can "clog" up cloth diapers. I use bum genius cloth diaper detergent from cottonbabies.com. I also have hard water and haven't had any major leaking issues except cream related ones. Maybe a different detergent will help?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"