TTC After a Loss

Another question sorry

So just bc I was curious with the bleeding I did an ovulation test and it said yes. Does this makes since with the d n c being on the 25 th? And me currently bleeding? Is it just my hormones being off? Sorry if this is dumb I'm just lost and confused

Re: Another question sorry

• Your D&C was April 25th? 

Honestly, after a miscarriage, all bets are off and anything could be happening.  Is it possible you're ovulating...sure.  Is it also possible that you have residual HCG in your system that is tripping the ovulaton test...you bet.  (HCG can cause an OPK to read positive, look it up on www.peeonastick.com)

Given that you're so close to the D&C, I'm betting it's the HCG option...but it could be either. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• What kind of ovulation test did you use? I'm thinking maybe you didn't read the OPK correctly. I would be surprised if you're ovulating already.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh another question... is your doctor testing your HCG down to zero. I would bet you got a positive OPK because you still have HCG hormone in your system.
  • And I see Junebug beat me to it. :)
  • I agree with the PPs. You probably still have HCG in your system which will give you a positive OPK.

Have your doctor track your HCG level down to zero.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It was a clear blue ovulation test. Smiley face plus the two lines I will ask the doctor when I call tomorrow until then ill be researching online it would just be nice to know if I was so I can start tracking that way as soon as u get the go ahead ill be a step ahead thanks for the input ladies
  • imagebethclosen:
    It was a clear blue ovulation test. Smiley face plus the two lines I will ask the doctor when I call tomorrow until then ill be researching online it would just be nice to know if I was so I can start tracking that way as soon as u get the go ahead ill be a step ahead thanks for the input ladies

The hormones that an OPK test picks up is almost exactly the same as HCG.  Does not matter the type of OPK.  I am going to bet that if you tested on an HPT you would also get a positive.  It can take weeks for the residual HCG in your system to get back to zero and you will not ovulate until you get close to that level.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJunebug060609:

Your D&C was April 25th? 

Honestly, after a miscarriage, all bets are off and anything could be happening.  Is it possible you're ovulating...sure.  Is it also possible that you have residual HCG in your system that is tripping the ovulaton test...you bet.  (HCG can cause an OPK to read positive, look it up on www.peeonastick.com)

Given that you're so close to the D&C, I'm betting it's the HCG option...but it could be either. 

Yes Took the words out of my mouth. I would bet money that it's residual HCG

Unmedicated and medicated IUI's: all fail
    IVF #1: Dec 2012 16m/15f 12/9: 5dt of 2 beautiful blasts and 5 frosties
    TWINS!
    15w4d:baby a-pProm
    March 25: 18w...2 baby boys born sleeping
    July 29: FET-BFN

Sept: TAC placed

Oct 27: FET #2-Cancelled-monster cyst producing insane amounts of estrogen

Nov 13: FET #2-take 2
    imageimage

• Thanks ladies! I knew about the HPT but not the OPK.
  • KMW08KMW08 member
    Agree with all the other PPs.

After my dc I did weekly hpts starting 10days later on a monday, so I'd be able to guess when af returned.

i had 5weeks of positive and fading hpts. So it was really about 6.5weeks before I got my first af.

I don't know if I ovulated in that time, I wasn't temping but I was preventing.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"