Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Fighting naps

So, my son fights daytime naps like it's his job.  He'll be falling asleep in my arms and then suddenly start throwing his head from side to side to wake himself up.  Getting him to stay asleep takes like 30-45 minutes (IF he even stays asleep.)

Tell me this passes! 

Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
May '17: Took off due to cysts
June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

Re: Fighting naps

• My LO will do that after her first nap cycle. Sometimes she will fall back into nother deep sleep and sometimes she tosses and turns her head for another hour
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Mine does this, too. The worst is when he's getting sooo drowsy, but forces his eyes to open wide and starts cooing and babbling. Why, son? Whyyy?

I hope it passes. He's been doing this for about a week/week and a half now.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • BBS!BBS! member
    My son isn't great now but much better. He was awful from week 38 like no naps! He's currently sleeping in my arms bc we had errands during all his earlier naps and he's now overtired.
  • I could have written this exact post.  My DS fights naps everyday and it is my mission when I wake up everyday to make sure he gets at least one good nap.  Today I was no successful.  He took 3 or 4 thirty minute naps and that has been it.  On a good day, he'll take a 2 to 3 hour midday nap.  

He does the same thing as your LO, throws his head around and wakes himself up. It typically takes longer to get him to sleep than it does for him to stay asleep.   Just know you're not alone. :) Mine is 7 weeks old.

• btw one thing i've done that's helped is put a hat over LOs eyes-like a beanie or a sunhat, just have it cover her eyes long enough. but i can usually take it off without her waking up. I actually just ordered a "nap cap" which I'm hoping will help her not wake up when she goes from active to deep sleep, since it seems the light stimulates her the most. i wouldn't put it on her during night time sleep but i do think during naps when i can monitor her it would be good.

but then again, i let her have monitored naps on her belly on the boppy, with her head elevated, so i tend to break rules when it comes to getting good naps. There's only so much i can wear an 11 lb gassy baby! 

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • imageVPGIRL06:

btw one thing i've done that's helped is put a hat over LOs eyes-like a beanie or a sunhat, just have it cover her eyes long enough. but i can usually take it off without her waking up. I actually just ordered a "nap cap" which I'm hoping will help her not wake up when she goes from active to deep sleep, since it seems the light stimulates her the most. i wouldn't put it on her during night time sleep but i do think during naps when i can monitor her it would be good.

but then again, i let her have monitored naps on her belly on the boppy, with her head elevated, so i tend to break rules when it comes to getting good naps. There's only so much i can wear an 11 lb gassy baby! 

i googled nap cap. This is what I got

https://www.vacationgadgets.com/productmgmt/results.asp?nCatID=26&nSubCatID=217&sSubCat=Nap+Cap+&+Nap+Strap+Stylish+Sleep+System

Dead 

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imagekellyrn9956:
    imageVPGIRL06:

btw one thing i've done that's helped is put a hat over LOs eyes-like a beanie or a sunhat, just have it cover her eyes long enough. but i can usually take it off without her waking up. I actually just ordered a "nap cap" which I'm hoping will help her not wake up when she goes from active to deep sleep, since it seems the light stimulates her the most. i wouldn't put it on her during night time sleep but i do think during naps when i can monitor her it would be good.

i googled nap cap. This is what I got

https://www.vacationgadgets.com/productmgmt/results.asp?nCatID=26&nSubCatID=217&sSubCat=Nap+Cap+&+Nap+Strap+Stylish+Sleep+System

Dead 

lol! 

TTC #1 10/2011 || Diagnosed PCOS 5/2012 || SA - Normal! || HSG - Clear!
    Starting Metformin 5/2012
    BFP 6/25/2012!! EDD 3/7/2013!! IT'S A BOY!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"