Philadelphia Babies
Options

Pennsylvania hospital

Has anyone delivered there or planning to? I was planning to do a natural birth And I have hear the midwife system is great. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Pennsylvania hospital

• Options

I just had my baby boy there about a month ago and was very happy. I didn't go natural, but a friend of mine did and she was very happy as well with the mid-wife system. They work pretty closely with the labor residents so you get the best of both birth center and hospital worlds (or at least that's what she said). I had great nurses (the people who really do most of the work!) and everyone from the attendees to the residents to the food delivery staff were all very kind to me, my husband and my baby. Depending on when you are due, I would sign up for the Preparing for Childbirth class they offer. It takes up a Saturday, but at the very least you get an in depth tour of the labor and delivery floor, where they walk you through everything and you get to see both a regular room and a birthing center room and they walk you through a regular birth starting from when you walk in the door. It made me feel a lot better when I did go into labor because I was already familiar with the policies and procedures and where I would be going when. If there's anything specific you're wondering, I can try to answer it as best as I can.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"