August 2013 Moms
Options

BTDT Moms 2+ Check-In

This is a weekly check-in for Been There Done That (BTDT) moms. (Moms who already have children).

1. Due Date

2. Team

3. AW your LO(s)

4. Let's talk birth experiences!  How fast/slow was your last labour(s)? Did you try anything to naturally induce it? Are you hoping to try something different this time? (VBAC, med free, more meds, etc.)

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: BTDT Moms 2+ Check-In

• Options
    1. Due Date - Aug 5

2. Team - Blue.  Baby boy #3 here!

3. AW your LO(s) - DS1 and DS2 are so excited for baby and keep telling me how much they love him.

4. Let's talk birth experiences!  How fast/slow was your last labour(s)? Did you try anything to naturally induce it? Are you hoping to try something different this time? (VBAC, med free, more meds, etc.)  DS1 was great...about 9 hours after arriving at the hospital, 2.5 hours of pushing, but with an amazing epidural so no pain.  DS2 was painful, back labor, which had me shaking and vomiting before I got an epi.  Then his heart rate started dropping with each push, so it ended in an emergency c-section.  This time I'll be trying for a VBAC, and plan to labor at home for as long as possible.

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share? So far, no GD, so woohoo!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. Due Date: Aug 3

2. Team: Blue again!

3. AW your LO(s): DS is moving up rooms at preschool tomorrow!

4. I was 3 days overdue and tried some bouncing on my yoga ball, lots of walking and nipple stimulation.  That night my water broke.  It was fairly quick for the first time, I think.  My water broke at midnight and contractions started right away. I got the epidural by 4am and wished I'd had it earlier because I also had terrible back labour.  All was good until I started pushing and his heart rate also dropped and didn't recover.  He was so low down already that they used the forceps to get him out quick.  3rd degree tear for me :(

My plan this time is to also get an epidural and hopefully a smoother delivery.

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share? Nope!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Due Date:  8/3

2. Team:  Blue!

3. AW your LO(s):  She was the flower girl in my cousins wedding this past Saturday.  She looked so cute and walked down the aisle as everyone smiled at her.  It was a really special moment for me.  Then she had a blast dancing the night away at the reception!

4. Let's talk birth experiences!  How fast/slow was your last labour(s)? Did you try anything to naturally induce it? Are you hoping to try something different this time? (VBAC, med free, more meds, etc.):  I was induced at 41w4d with DD.  I think I was barely 1 cm when we went in for the induction.  She was comfortable where she was, LOL!  The induction started around 9AM and she was born at 5:28PM after about an hour of pushing.  The epidural did not work on my left side so I didnt have much relief from the pain and pitocin contractions are horrible!  This time I am hoping to go into labor on my own, avoid pitocin and I reaaaally hope the epi works on both sides!

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share?  Scheduled my 3D u/s for 5/18.  Can't wait to see my little man!

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • Options
    1. August 25

2. Team pink!!

3. DS and I went to a concert in the park last night for a picnic. He was so funny dancing around to the music.

4. My labor with DS took 13 hours from first contraction to holding my son. My OB only counts 6 of those hours for some reason, so she considers it a really fast labor. I had my membranes stripped but im not sure it did anything for me. I got an epidural last time and will again with this LO. Hoping things go just as smoothly as last time, hopefully just without back labor.

5. Not this week
  • Options

1. Due Date

Aug 6 

2. Team

Blue 

3. AW your LO(s)

Nothing this week. 

4. Let's talk birth experiences!  How fast/slow was your last labour(s)? Did you try anything to naturally induce it? Are you hoping to try something different this time? (VBAC, med free, more meds, etc.)

Last birth was 3 hours no tearing and pretty awesome. Hoping this one will come quickly too.

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share?

I am tired today. 

imageimageimageimage

• Options

1. Due Date-RCS 8/26

2. Team- pink

3. AW your LO(s)- He's just so stinkin' cute

Never been in labor. Had an emergency c/s at 28w4d with Aidan because my cord failed. Due to that type of internal incision (classical/horizontal) I'm not a candidate for a VBAC. I had the same incision with Lucas.

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share? My MIL dropped the bomb today about not watching Lucas or this one. MH is going to get more information tonight but I'm not impressed.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

1. Due Date: 8/20

2. Team: Pink!

3. AW your LO(s): DS had his first teeball game yesterday. He did fantastic! Plus he looked beyond adorable in his little uniform!! DD's teacher informed me that she is still at the top of her class, such a smart little girl.

4. Let's talk birth experiences! How fast/slow was your last labour(s)? Did you try anything to naturally induce it? Are you hoping to try something different this time? (VBAC, med free, more meds, etc.): 1st was 12 hours, 2nd was 8, I was induced with both for medical reasons at 38 weeks. I had very easy labor/deliveries. Pray this one is too! Epidural all the way! Wink

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share? We are 98% sure we have our name chose. Thank goodness!

• Options

1. Due Date: August 24

2. Team: Blue

3. AW your LO(s): DD has started "writing." She carries a tiny notebook and pen with her wherever she goes and scribbles very diligently. If we are very lucky, she will read her stories back to us.

4. Let's talk birth experiences!: I had a rough birth experience w/ DD. I was supposed to give birth at a birth center, but ended up with a whole host of minor complications that ended up with an induction at 41 weeks. Induction started on Tuesday evening, but it took me until Friday morning to dilate to 10cm. It was about 60 hours of labor (held off on epidural until I hit 52 hours, but by that time I was just exhausted). Then, it turned out that a giant ovarian cyst was blocking her from dropping down, so I ended up with a c-section anyway. That was bad, too ? my epidural failed and I needed elephantine doses of emergency morphine. I ended up in bad shape, needing a couple of blood transfusions, and all the drugs kept my milk from coming in for more than a week. I'm hoping for a VBAC this time, but if that doesn't work out, I'm just hoping for everything to go a bit more smoothly.

• Options

1. Due Date: August 31

2. Team: Pink

3. AW your LO(s): Boys have been taking "care of each other if one has a fall and hurts himself, it's quite cute to watch, as much as they can be good to each other they also love to wrestle/fight. lol  My DD has been walking A LOT lately, she's not to full on walking, but she's really close!

4. Let's talk birth experiences! How fast/slow was your last labour(s)? Did you try anything to naturally induce it? Are you hoping to try something different this time? (VBAC, med free, more meds, etc.) My twins were induced because of suspected TTTS, but my labour was less than 12 hours both were born vaginally with no complications and I had the epidural with them.  DD was born within an hour of us getting to the hospital with no epdural (only phetnol) and I was happy as I could actually feel myself "pushing" to me it was a better experience.  I'm hoping I can skip the epidural this labour as I did my last and hopefully have an uncomplicated birth.

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share?  Feeling the baby move more, still sleeping ok, but a bit uncomfortable...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. Due Date~ August 19

2. Team~ Green

3. AW your LO(s)~I don't know if it's just him, but my 5 year old is the most complimentary and encouraging boy I know.  As soon as he smells dinner cooking he mosies in to the kitchen with a, "What's cookin', Mom?  Oh, that's my FAVorite!  You're doing a great job!" Other times, he stops in the middle of his play to come over to me or my husband and gush over what a wonderful job we're doing (on said project or activity)...and thank you, thank you the whole time!  It is always such a joy to hear what he comes up with and I'm trying to enjoy every minute!

4. Let's talk birth experiences! How fast/slow was your last labour(s)? Did you try anything to naturally induce it? Are you hoping to try something different this time? (VBAC, med free, more meds, etc.) My first was12 hours with bad back labor, but we made it med free.  My second boy was an 8 hour labor, but it didn't get hard until the last hour!  Then he came FAST!  I was crowning as we turned into the hospital parking lot and he was delivered outside the hospital entrance (lucky it 40 degrees outside and no one was standing around :-). My twin labor was 12 hours and we were able to deliver med-free in the hospital. I am going with a midwife assisted home birth, this time. Hopefully in the water with my husband or myself catching the baby.

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share? Nope

IAmPregnant TickerBabyFruit TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageAlexKate45:

This is a weekly check-in for Been There Done That (BTDT) moms. (Moms who already have children).

1. Due Date  8/12/2013

2. Team  Blue

3. AW your LO(s)  My DD and DS were so great yesterday and just made my day.

first birth, she was born in 18 hours after my water broke.  They did have to use pitocin and vaccum, because cord was wrapped around her neck.

Second birth, 9 hours in active labor.  

Right now, I am hoping for baby to be here around my due date. 

5. Any other news/updates questions you want to share? GD test is on Friday.  Wish me luck!

• Options
    imageAlexKate45:

1. Due Date

2. Team pink
    3. AW your LOs dd is 21 months old and started counting and pointing out letters it is so cute.
    4. Let's talk birth experiences!nbsp; How fast/slow was your last labours? Did you try anything to naturally induce it? Are you hoping to try something different this time? VBAC, med free, more meds, etc. I had pre e with dd and started having contractions at 35 weeks while I was in the hospital on bed rest. The contraction were causing distress to dd so I had an emergency csection and she was 3 lbs 11 oz. my placenta had was small and they suspect that she stopped growing around 33 weeks. Thy had tested the placenta but are not sure why it was so small. This time I am hoping to have a vbac and go full term.
    5. Any other news/updates
    questions you want to share? I am currently 22 w 3d and my next dr appointment is on Monday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"