Babies on the Brain
Options

Newbie Intro

Just thought I'd do a quick intro since I will probably be visiting regularly.

DH and I are in our mid 20's. We are just starting TTC. I am hoping for a BFP this summer. I know you can't plan those things, but I am hoping to. I am a FT Teacher at a private school. It's great except they DON'T offer Maternity Leave. I can roll over any unused sick days (up to 7 a year) to a max of 20. So late spring/early summer is really the best time.

DH is quite nervous, but ready, now that we reached his goals (house, decent savings). And my MIL won't stop asking when we are starting. Did anyone else have annoying parents/IL's?

Well I think that's it for now. I'm looking forward to all the opinions and advice! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newbie Intro

• Options
    My MIL is a doctor. She constantly reminds me that fertility decreases at 30, and risks for birth defects increase after 35. I'm 28, I think I have a little time. GL to you :)
    Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• Options

Welcome to the board!  I hope you and your H are able to conceive this summer.  I can absolutely understand the in-law situation.  My H's parents want us to have children ASAP!  He is the first of his siblings to get married and his mom is SO ready for a grandchild.  We are ttc, but we aren't telling anyone.  I don't want the constant "are you pregnant" and I don't want to have to tell anyone except my H if a pregnancy doesn't work out.  

I am reading a book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and it is so insightful.  I would definitely recommend it! 

TTC April 2013
    M/C 1/15 @ 6 weeks
    RE 8/16
    Monitored Clomid 11/15
    M/C 12/16 @ 6 weeks
    Clomid & Ovidrel Shot
    M/C 2/16 @ 8 weeks
    *Currently on Clomid (monitored) and waiting on tissue results.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"