March 2012 Moms
Options

A few nap questions

1.) DS has started fighting his AM nap pretty regularly, some days he still passes out right away though and naps for 1-1.5hrs. Is this how dropping down to 1 nap a day starts? I assumed it'd be constant nap fighting, but like I said some days he goes out right away. What do you think, ready for 1 nap or not?

2.) DS wakes up around 6:45 and has breakfast at 7, what time would you put him down for his nap if he was only taking one a day? Noon? Earlier or later? His normal morning nap is at 9:30 and his afternoon nap time is usually 2pm. How do you handle lunch with regards to the nap?

3.) Have any of you had success with going from 2 to 1 naps cold turkey, as in sticking to 1 nap a day without going back to 2 ever?

4.) How in the hell do you shower and get ready for the day while your LO is awake and DH isn't home? I've only had to do it a few times, but he screams and cries the whole time from his walker. Do you put them in their crib with some toys? The pnp?

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
DS born 3.12 
DD born 7.14

Re: A few nap questions

• Options
    We just went to one nap. It happened kind of naturally because we were having work done on the house and DD was only getting one nap when that was happening.

She wakes up around 6, but sometimes sleeps till 7. Nap is between 11:30 and 12. We do lunch right beforehand.

I shower with her in the bathroom with me all the time. I just pull the curtain a little so I can see her and she plays with her bath toys. It usually ends up with her throwing her toys in the shower and yelling for me to hand them back.

HTH!
  • Options
    DD1 went to 1 nap at 15 mos when she started daycare. It was a tough transition. DD2 seems to be dropping the afternoon nap. She doesn't get cranky until 4 and then won't go to be until later than I'd prefer if she naps. I'd rather hold out and put her down at 7 than let her nap and have mayhem until 8:30 or later. Dd1 really needs to be in bed by 7:30 or she's a bit of a mess. I do remember when DD1 was dropping her nap completely around 2.5 she would only nap every third day. It was like she'd get tired enough over the few days that it would catch up to her. It was kind of like clockwork so easy to predict and plan around. As far as getting showered and ready with baby around it doesn't work for me so I shower at night. Or get up super early for work but I hate that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelisadfox:
    We just went to one nap. It happened kind of naturally because we were having work done on the house and DD was only getting one nap when that was happening. She wakes up around 6, but sometimes sleeps till 7. Nap is between 11:30 and 12. We do lunch right beforehand. I shower with her in the bathroom with me all the time. I just pull the curtain a little so I can see her and she plays with her bath toys. It usually ends up with her throwing her toys in the shower and yelling for me to hand them back. HTH!

I've thought about bringing him into the bathroom while I shower, but they aren't babyproofed since he's not allowed to wander in them (we keep those doors shut) so that's something to consider. The 2 times he's had 1 nap he ate lunch a little after 11 and was napping by 11:45..sounds like our LOs are on a similar schedule!

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    imagekbruington:

DS went to 1 nap on his own when he turned a year. He started going down around 11am for about 2-3 hours but that didn't work for the sitter so she switched him back to 2. Some days he takes 1, some days he takes 2, I just follow his lead and if he takes the morning nap early, like 9:30ish, then I know he'll need an afternoon nap too. I don't think you  can really plan when they drop down to 1 nap, it will just happen.

I can only shower and get ready when DS is napping. Can you do that?

This is what kills me...I am such a planner lol! He's gone down to 1 nap only twice so far, but most days it seems he still needs 2. I hate not knowing what the day is going to look like as far as a schedule. I feel like I can't make plans until things become consistent again, I am totally not a go with the flow type of person.

I usually shower/get ready during the morning nap, but since that's the one he's fighting it's been hit or miss whether I can actually accomplish it all.

DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"