Natural Birth
Options

Opinions about Hypnobirthing

Hi there,

I'm a FTM looking into joining a hypnobirthing class. Has anyone done this? What was your experience like? Was it worth the money? Thanks!

Re: Opinions about Hypnobirthing

• Options
    I took the class and LOVED it. When I read the book, I felt like Hypnobirth was really "out there." I had some trouble taking it seriously. However, the instructor was really balanced and made the whole thing seem a lot more down to earth. Plus, she taught us a bunch of baby calming techniques and did a breastfeeding crash course, which have both been so helpful in these early days of parenthood!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Options
    Yes, it truly is amazing!  The key is practice, practice, practice!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband and I took a Hypnobabies course, and we loved it so much. I feel much more relaxed and prepared for our birth.

• Options
    loved my hypnobirthing classes.  My instructor was great and I was able to have a great med free birth.  A few things didn't go according to plan, and I felt hypnobirthing helped prepare me for that as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    skioskio member
    Just finished my classes. I love it...the ideas and reasoning just make so much sense to me. I have a major science brain and the parts about history of childbirthing and the physiological facts about hormone secretion during labor really resonated with me. It gave me a ton of confidence in the idea that I can have an easier, more comfortable birth simply by relaxing and embracing the experience.

Did I take every word as fact? No. Am I expecting no pain? No. I'm expecting that it'll be better than last time. I am trying for a med free VBAC and I need all the support and comfort I can get, and this certainly did the trick. It was way worth the money for me.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We just finished our classes this weekend. Hubby and I were not into most of the "scripts" however we did find ways for the two of us to work together in relaxing. The breathing techniques are a lifesaver and the visualizations really helped me stay calm. We had a scare at 34 weeks and were l&d. Hubby breathing with me and reminding me of techniques and the massages really help me through.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I took a hypnobabies class and I loved it. I felt like I would get a lot more out of the actual class, and I'm glad I did. It was expensive but worth the money, especially because now I have people I can talk to about my experiences (that were in the class with me) and access to the teachers, who were great. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just finished hypnobabies class and loved it.  The relaxation techniques and hypnosis tracks are soooo nice to relax to at the end of the day or if you can't sleep.  I'll be using them long after I give birth.  I highly recommend it, I wasn't sure if I could do natural birth at first but now I feel confident and empowered.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"