Military Families

WWYD

Hey ladies, DH is leaving in a few weeks for training across the country. He will be gone for about 5 months or so. We rent a house right now, and I'm wondering if I should stay in the current house or move in with my inlaws. I have a 1 and 2 year old sons, with another baby coming in August. I'm a little worried about being on my own considering they are still so young. If it were you, what would you do? Stay put or move with the inlaws? FTR, they live in the same city as us - only about a 15 minutue drive. Thanks for your help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: WWYD

• He's only leaving for 5 months? I would for sure stay put. Moving 2x in such a short amount of time stresses me out. Use your in laws for babysitting and lots of it.

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • Three kids under 3 is a lot to bring to another persons house and would be really stressful. Can you arrange for help to come to you? When your spouse comes back do you want the pressure of looking for a house? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would stay put. I wouldn't want to move that much in such a short period of time. I would also want my own space esp with 2 children.
    TTC April 2013
    M/C 1/15 @ 6 weeks
    RE 8/16
    Monitored Clomid 11/15
    M/C 12/16 @ 6 weeks
    Clomid & Ovidrel Shot
    M/C 2/16 @ 8 weeks
    *Currently on Clomid (monitored) and waiting on tissue results.
  • I would absolutely stay put.  If anything ask your IL's for some help with babysitting and maybe do some regular dinners with them if you get along well with them.  I don't ever see the point of moving out of my home though just because my H will be gone for a time period, especially something as short as 5 months.  
  • If they live nearby, it doesn't make sense to move, IMO. Stay put and ask them for help when you need it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would stay put.  If you need help or need a break, they are only 15 min away.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"