Dads & Dads-to-be

Cedar Point 10 Day Countdown

I bought my tickets for opening day at Cedar Point!  Seriously cannot wait to ride Gatekeeper.  I'm not sure if you guys have seen this thing so here it is...

Only 10 more days!

Edit:  This is a better picture than the last one.

Re: Cedar Point 10 Day Countdown

• PrimePrime member

Nice!  I love Cedar Point.  I haven't been there in years though.

Is your wife just going to watch you go on all the rides?

• imagePrime:

Nice!  I love Cedar Point.  I haven't been there in years though.

Is your wife just going to watch you go on all the rides?

My wife agreed to not go with me.  Sitting on benches all day watching me riding coasters surprisingly does not appeal to her.  We are planning on a camping trip sometime in June so hopefully that will make up for my coaster indiscretions.

• Loading the player...
  • Fork that...
  • imageT3hHusband:
    Fork that...

• Well played, sir. Well played.
  • I love that place. Used to go every year, for about 15 years. Sadly, I haven't been there for 4 years. The wife isn't a fan of coasters.
    Trying to figure out a way to get there this year. Will have to try finding a baby sitter for our 2 month old.
  • Jealous!  Saw the computer rendering video from the front seat and it looks freaking amazing (Gatekeeper).  I haven't managed to make my way up there since Maverick first opened.  The 5 hour one way trip, the money, and the fact that my wife can't ride coasters due to a previous back injury really hampers my ability to go.

I live closer to Kings Island, but the have 2, maybe 3 rides that Cedar Point doesn't match, but Cedar Point outdoes all the rest of their coasters and then some.  I have hope now that Cedar Point owns Kings Island though.

• imageColtsdad:

Jealous!  Saw the computer rendering video from the front seat and it looks freaking amazing (Gatekeeper).  I haven't managed to make my way up there since Maverick first opened.  The 5 hour one way trip, the money, and the fact that my wife can't ride coasters due to a previous back injury really hampers my ability to go.

I live closer to Kings Island, but the have 2, maybe 3 rides that Cedar Point doesn't match, but Cedar Point outdoes all the rest of their coasters and then some.  I have hope now that Cedar Point owns Kings Island though.

They demolished Son of Beast last year and they are planning on adding a large coaster in it's place for next season.  Current rumors state either a 200+ ft tall wing coaster (like Gatekeeper just larger) or a 300+ ft tall Giga Coaster like Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland. 

• Yeah, I knew Son of Beast was torn down, but didn't hear what they were planning on doing with the space.  Last time I was there, SOB was still standing, but not running as they were removing the loop.  Firehawk was the latest and greatest (and the best ride there if you ask me... Diamondback not counting as I have yet to ride).  Leviathan or Millenium Force type ride, or a Gatekeeper style would both be good for the park.
  • I went on SoB before and after they removed the loop.  Between that and Mean Streak at Cedar Point...roughest coasters I've ever been on.  My father in law actually slipped a disc on Mean Streak.  

You would like Diamondback a lot.  Very fast and very smooth.  It was a great addition for KI and I'm hoping whatever they're planning on next year is not just a clone of Gatekeeper or Leviathan.  The one downfall with Cedar Fair is that they love to build a ride and produce similar copies for all their parks, kind of like Six Flags. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"