1st Trimester

Morning Sickness

Hey everyone.. Okay so got a question.. I just found out im pregnant this past weekend.. Well this morning my mouth was watering so bad and the smell of the bathroom was making me sick.. I started coughing and gagging a little but i stopped myself from throwing up. I was wondering is it okay to just keep coughing and throw up?

Re: Morning Sickness

• Yes you can cough and throw up. My morning sickness got really bad at about the 6 week mark and at that point I was unable to keep anything down. Throwing it back up was the only way to make myself feel any better.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for some Zofran though and my nausea has become way better. I can actually eat for the first time in two weeks without bringing it back up.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks so much.. I think Id fill better if I just threw up! Thats great! Ive heard good things about Zofran but Ive never taken it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I mean, what's your other option? If you have to vomit, you have to vomit.

• imageshecodes:
    I hate to say this but vomiting doesn't guarantee that you will feel better. 

This. I had horrible m/s with my first and its pretty bad this time around. I was given Zofran b/c I was unable to keep fluids down. You might feel better for a brief moment after getting sick, but if your like me it will just come back 30min later. And yes its ok to cough and throw up. That is all I did from 6wks to 42wks with my first. I got a little worried at how 'violent' some of my episodes felt but the doc assured me I was good. The most important thing is to keep pushing fluids and stay hydrated and just nibble on food through the day. If it gets to where you cannot keep fluids down no matter what you try then you probably need to talk to your doc about being put on Zofran. I am also on Phenergen (spelling??) at night b/c I was unable to sleep and that helps with nausea and makes you sleepy. 
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"