Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

She hates food!

Hello,

This is my first new post so please excuse any newbie errors.  My little girl is almost 10 months and she hates food.  She's hated all the purees that I've given her and, now that she can have soft table food, she hates all table food.  There is nothing that I've given her that she likes the taste of.  She'll tolerate a bite or two of banana.  She's breastfed, no bottles or formula.  

Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you!! 

Re: She hates food!

• Options

My LO hated food at first too. We EBF for 9 months. We didn't do purees, but did regular food. I would strongly discourage giving her puffs right now, especially with her not liking foods right now. That is all she will want and it might be harder to introduce nutritious foods. (They are great for snacks though when LO is eating solids regularly) 

I would bring it up to your Pedi, but It's not uncommon for infants to EBF for a year. I would just keep introducing table foods at every meal. Eventually, LO will get brave and try something. And as long as LO is gaining weight, I wouldn't be worried yet.

Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options
    My baby is a year and just starting to regularly eat solids. She would eat puffs mums mums, stuff like that. I kept offering and very very slowly she is starting to eat better. It's so frustrating. For us yogurt was the first food I could get her to eat. Now we are on a Mac and cheese kick. I still am doing bottles with her 4 times a day. I don't feel she is eating enough to stop them yet. I would keep up with breast feeding and offer variety of choices. Also don't listen to any nasty comments from people. My mom and mil were horrible and rude. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMollygirl1:
    Has she ever tried puffs? I know when all else fails and my little one wont eat i pour out some puffs for her and she goes right for them. I think she would rather feed herself than be fed because she likes putting them in her mouth herself. Maybe try foods that your little one can eat herself? She may dislike being spoon-fed. Just a thought. Otherwise, I would give doc a call and maybe ask some advice on it.

I think this is the case with my little one.

imageBabyFruit Ticker .
     . . Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • Options

same with my daughter!

she used to eat up the pureed food I'd make her.

then she loved the freedom of feeding herself. She'll eat a bite or two of bananas or eggs. But the rest is play.

She loves puffs and I try not to give them to her a lot because I want her to fill up on the nutritious foods.

I sometimes trick her into trying new things, and she likes it and will feed herself a couple bites then be done.

How long after she breastfeeds do you try food? I think with me sometimes I jump the gun and give her foods and shes still full...maybe? haha I don't know. She's a crazy little beeb and I am just trying to roll with the punches with her eating schedule..

• Options
    Thank you all for your input!! I don't feel so alone with my non-eater.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"