Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Could I be pregnant again?

My son turned four months old today.  And for the past week I have been wondering if I might be pregnant again already.  My husband and I have talked about the possibility and though Irish Twins is a crazy experience, we'd be happy to be having another one soon.  My period came back at 8 weeks post-partum, and I have had about four or five periods since that time they are very irregular (which wasn't true for me pre-baby).

I went on the mini pill at about 11 weeks and we have used condoms most of the other times.  We often double up with a condom and the pill just to be safe because I got pregnant on the real pill last time (and yes, I used it correctly).  So if the real pill didn't work perfectly, we thought we should double up on the mini pill. We have never had unprotected sex but sometimes have just used the mini pill.

But I am hungrier, my son is fighting nursing at least once a day and when I pump I get less milk.  My breasts are more tender up high.  I had some spotting when it wasn't a proper period time on the mini pill. I have cried three times this week, more than the combined number of sobs since my son was born.  My mood is worse and changes dramatically. 

Is all this normal post-partum symptoms? 

I was pretty anxious in my last pregnancy and though I would be excited to be having another child, I don't know if I am ready to take a test yet.  Like I'd rather find out I was 8 weeks pregnant than 6 if that makes any sense.

Any thoughts? 

Re: Could I be pregnant again?

• Options
    They're all pp symptoms, but you need to take a test.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ummm sure you could be. But we have absolutely no way of knowing.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes you are! Congrats!!
  • Options

imageStarfish+77:
    Yes you are! Congrats!!

lol, this!!! Take a test!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageStarfish+77:
    Yes you are! Congrats!!

lol

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

What you described does sound like pretty normal postpartum symptoms. Increased appetite, crying spells, mood swings, and just generally feeling weird are all common. There's also a long list of other perfectly normal PP changes that could be affecting you.

But seriously, I will never understand why people post questons like this. How the heck would we know if you're pregnant or not?? I guess wait 9 months, and if a baby comes out of your vagina, then you'll know for sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemamaHippo23:

What you described does sound like pretty normal postpartum symptoms. Increased appetite, crying spells, mood swings, and just generally feeling weird are all common. There's also a long list of other perfectly normal PP changes that could be affecting you.

But seriously, I will never understand why people post questons like this. How the heck would we know if you're pregnant or not?? I guess wait 9 months, and if a baby comes out of your vagina, then you'll know for sure.

Wait, babies come out of your vagina? Surprise

But, I agree. These are all totally normal PP symptoms as well as pregnancy symptoms. Only a test is gonna tell you.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    I doubt it if you've been taking your pill everyday.  Those periods you've had are probably not real periods, rather break through bleeding caused by the mini pill.  That happens more if you don't take it at the same time every day.  But if you haven't been taking it at the same time everyday it really loses its effectiveness, so I guess you could be pregnant. take a test!
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    EagsEags member
    imagemamaHippo23:

Run down to the Dollar Store/Walmart/CVS and buy a test.  It will tell you if you are pg.

Otherwise, I have had all of the symptoms you described.  And I am not pg.

6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"