Trying to Get Pregnant

Can't wait

Hey all,

I'm new to ttc. I just recently stopped taking the pill. I'm not sure when I'll be ovulating , but I have started charting already. I'm totally type a so I've found all the information I can. I'm wondering how many of you are sharing that you and your husbands or partners are ttc and who you are sharing it with.

To me it seems kind of private, but I'm having a birthday party next week and I don't want to drink or explain why I'm not...

Any advice for a newbie would be great!

Re: Can't wait

• The drinking question is easy. Don't explain why you're not drinking. You don't owe anyone an explanation. (I'm in the camp of not lying and making up excuses, personally.) But an even easier answer is to drink if you want to. You're not pregnant yet. 

Welcome & good luck. Did you check out the newbie link and TTGP blog yet?

• If you aren't pregnant, you're allowed to have a drink.

GL

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board!
    Yes you can drink while TTC maybe just not excess I don't, but most ladies do. If you choose not to, like someone else said you don't need to explain yourself. If someone questions and you feel uncomfortable just say you are trying to be healthy.

I am the type that doesn't care if people know we are trying. We don't advertise it but I've never hid it if asked. Makes life pretty easy and I've met others in the same boat as me because of being open.

Explore the board, check out the Newb blog and there is a glossary to the left. Temping and OPKs can help you determine O.

GL!
  • Welcome to the board.

A lot of women here aren't sharing with anyone that they're trying.

Also, there's no reason why you can't drink while TTC. If you just don't want to, that's fine, but you don't HAVE to stop.

<3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Hi, welcome to the board. :-)
    Dating: Jul.2003 | Married: Jul.2006
    BFP: Dec.2007 | DD: Aug.2008
    TTC #2: Dec.2011 | Done?: Aug.2013
  • Have a drink or two if you want.  Seriously, I'm on cycle day 4 and I'm presently enjoying  a mixed drink. I had a dissapointing cycle...I earned it. 

The only people who know we are ttc are our closest friends.  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • We are pretty much secretly TTC. However, I have told my mom and one good friend. I didn't tell them exactly when we would be trying just that it would be sometime in the next few months. I couldn't keep it in. I was just too excited.

My husband doesn't want to tell a soul anything until we are pregnant and 12 weeks along.

BFP 06/05/2013 | EDD 02/10/2014 | D&C 07/12/2013
  • Thanks for the tips.

Are those of you who are drinking drinking throughout  your cycle or only before you ovulate. Just wondering how careful I should be.

• I have told my sister and one friend. I only did because I need their advice and support. They've both had children. I'm not drinking while ttc. If anyone asks I will just tell them I'm the dd, don't feel up to it, or whatever pops into my head. I feel as long as I act natural and like it isn't a big deal, people won't assume anything.
    TTC April 2013
    M/C 1/15 @ 6 weeks
    RE 8/16
    Monitored Clomid 11/15
    M/C 12/16 @ 6 weeks
    Clomid & Ovidrel Shot
    M/C 2/16 @ 8 weeks
    *Currently on Clomid (monitored) and waiting on tissue results.
  • imageStacylarae:
    Thanks for the tips.Are those of you who are drinking drinking throughoutnbsp; your cycle or only before you ovulate. Just wondering how careful I should be.

I've never been a heavy drinker, but I continue to have a glass or two of wine throughout my cycle if I feel like it. For anyone that's nosy enough to ask, I've told that I'm trying to cut calories and would rather splurge on a dessert.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• imageStacylarae:

Thanks for the tips.

Are those of you who are drinking drinking throughout  your cycle or only before you ovulate. Just wondering how careful I should be.

That's a personal decision.  The first several months of TTC, I limited myself to one or two drinks after O.  Now, 11 months in, I live my life as I would, regardless of where I am in my cycle.  I'm firmly in the "drink 'til it's pink" category.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Hello.  I am of the belief that TTC is no ones business besides mine and DH's.  I am much more comfortable keeping it private.  As for the drinking, I'm in the drink till it's pink camp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• imagesunlavender:
    imageStacylarae:

Thanks for the tips.

I'm firmly in the "drink 'til it's pink" category.

Me too. 

• I do not know why you would stop drinking alcohol, but if you don't want to, then just don't.  It is no one's business.  If some nosy jerkoff asks why you're not drinking, just tell them, "I don't feel like it".

Not that difficult.

• I'm not telling anyone I actually know, but I do like to tell strangers just to get if off my chest - for example, the check out lady at Walgreens knows more about my fertility than my mother. I know it's a little strange, but I'm not good at keeping secrets and this is the only way I can keep myself in check :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"