Toddlers: 24 Months+

Molluscum....anyone dealing with this?'

So we have been dealing with these darn little molluscum bumps for a few months now!! If you're unaware of what they are, be thankful your child doesn't have them. They are these teeny tiny clear or white bumps. They don't hurt, but they can spead like crazy. Our dermatologist says its a virus of the skin and some children (commonly boys) don't have a strong enough immune system to fight it off. So they can go untreated but possibly spread to hundreds and all over belly, back, neck, and maybe face! Of course we didn't want them to spread so we did 2 treatments of "beetle juice". Yep that's right, beetle juice is what they put on each tiny little bump to help clear it up. But after 2 treatments we stopped bc it seemed like the bumps never healed and really started bothering our little guy. Of course we don't want him to be uncomfortable, and this was border line torture. She also gave us a cream to use each night after bath, but it seems to do nothing at all. And I guess they will eventually go away but it can't take years and I don't know that I want them spreading to his neck and face. His belly, and back is enough! So what would you do? Continue the beetle juice and just push through? Would you use the cream which seems to do nothing? Or just let them be? If anyone else has dealt with them please let me know what you did, how long they lasted? Is there any miracle solution?!?! Help please! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Molluscum....anyone dealing with this?'

• Some kids in DS' preschool had it and I heard that it lasted for months!  DS hasn't had it yet... Hoe he does not get it!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Sometimes if you have a few of them treated with liquid nitrogen (the stuff to freeze off warts) it can trigger the immune system to take care if the rest of them as well. It may take a couple of treatments.  Not the funnest thing to have done but it may be worth a try. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD had them on the back of her knees right around her 2nd bday.  The pedi first tried a cream that didn't work.  Then he used something that caused them to blister (really big, ugly blisters). He only treated a few of the bumps, but it caused them all to disappear. 

What was uncomfortable for DD was when one blister accidentally broke (I rubbed it when I picked her up) and the raw skin underneath was exposed.  But it healed up within a few weeks, no worse than any other boo-boo.  It wasn't fun, but worth it in the long run.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"