Parenting
Options

Bridesmaid advice/Question

I'm in a wedding for the first time this June and I'd love some advice about what is expected of me. I keep offering to help, but I'm not the MOH and I'm not being taken up on it, is there anything I should just do? What is my job?

Also. thinking about making a wedding day survival kit for her - any suggestions about what to put in it?

TIA!

Re: Bridesmaid advice/Question

• Options
    Luckily nothing as long as you've paid for your dress and stuff.  You could do a toast at the rehearsal dinner but you do not have to.  I haven't always.  Just show up on time and smile.  Don't get drunk and embarrass your self.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nothing really just whatever you are told to do if the offers for help are being turned down.  Maybe closer to the date of the wedding offer help prepping favors etc. 

As for the survival kit here are some good things to throw in:

• Couple bottles of water
    • Granola bars
    • straws (once the lipstick is on these come in handy)
    • deck of cards (there will probably be down time and it can help pass the time)
    • safety pins (these were a god send on my wedding day when my busseling on my dress ripped)
    • shout wipes/tide pen
    • chalk (to cover dirt marks on her dress if you do outdoor pictures)
    • bandaids (for not so comfy shoes)
    • a pair of flip flops to wear at the reception
    • hair pins
    • blotting papers
    • gum/mints
    • floss
    • Tylenol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been a bridesmaid six times. One of my friends didn't have sisters and her MOH was preoccupied so I ended up helping with planning more than with the others, but it was actually fun. 

Here's what I've learned:

Put on a smile and keep it there and make sure the bride is happy - even if you don't like the dress/shoes/etc.

Show up on time for all dress fittings, showers, rehearsal, wedding, etc.

Drink all the free champagne you can at the wedding reception to try to recoup your losses on the $ spent on the dress and gifts.  (May not be good advice, but I always did a good job with this one)

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"