Pregnant after IF

Overwhelmed

Holy cow. I just googled "newborn essentials" and looked at the top 100 things you need....I am so overwhelmed. I thought we were doing good so far, but there's still SO much we need. And we have 13 weeks to get it all done. We still need to paint. We still need the freaking crib to come back in stock so it can get shipped to us! 

I'm having a mild momentary freak out haha

I'm so glad my mom is coming back for another visit next weekend and help me figure all this stuff out.

BTW - I looked at breast pumps today and whoa! I had no idea they cost so much. I hate that my crappy military insurance doesnt cover that. Apparently signing my life away to the military means my boobs belong to them and not my baby haha 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Overwhelmed

• I would just get what you can.  Remember you dont NEED everything!  Plus after the baby comes its nice to take a trip to the store to get out of the house.  With a newborn you need a good excuse to get out with or w/o the baby in tow or you will never leave.  I remember feeling so normal going to our local Target as a family. 

Breast pumps are expensive, the medela pump was the one every one told me to get and we were pleased with it.  I do wish we could have splurged for the one that you can walk around with.  

You will have fun with your mom doing the shopping!  GL! 

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • I am a preschool teacher and some of the girls decided t give up playing to help me make a list of what I will need for the baby.  One of them said "you are good with big kids like us but you don't know anything about babies."  Uh thanks.  Sadly she is not wrong.  So we made a 2 page list.  Apparently newborns NEED pools and lots of hairbows (if its a girl).  My advice would be not to talk to a group of four year olds - they will just make your list longer :)

• Loading the player...
  • imagejadwedd:

I am a preschool teacher and some of the girls decided t give up playing to help me make a list of what I will need for the baby.  One of them said "you are good with big kids like us but you don't know anything about babies."  Uh thanks.  Sadly she is not wrong.  So we made a 2 page list.  Apparently newborns NEED pools and lots of hairbows (if its a girl).  My advice would be not to talk to a group of four year olds - they will just make your list longer :)

Ha ha Love this!!!

Anniversary
    Tried to conceive on our own for a year before moving on to fertility treatments. Dx unexplained. About 10 months of procedures, shots, and countless doctor appointments, we got our BFP! BFN on 5 IUI's
    IVF#1 - ER 09/14/12, ET 09/17/12: two 8 cells, BFP: 9/28 Beta#1 56.8; 10/2 Beta#2 284; 10/5 Beta#3 939; 10/9 Beta #4 4967. One baby on board with EDD 06/07/13!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagejeannaqueena:

I would just get what you can.  Remember you dont NEED everything!  Plus after the baby comes its nice to take a trip to the store to get out of the house.  With a newborn you need a good excuse to get out with or w/o the baby in tow or you will never leave.  I remember feeling so normal going to our local Target as a family. 

Breast pumps are expensive, the medela pump was the one every one told me to get and we were pleased with it.  I do wish we could have splurged for the one that you can walk around with.  

You will have fun with your mom doing the shopping!  GL! 

This totally!!!  My husband always reminds me, our parents and their parents did it before us with far less then we do today.  It is true.  And i totally agree that it might be nice excuse to get out of the house after baby is born.  GL!

~Jen
    4/12: HSG All Clear
    5-1-12: DX of PCOS
    5-4-12: DH S/A all normal.
    5-16-12: Offically start IUI#1-->Clomid(50mg) + Trigger + IUI + progesterone supplements=BFN
    IUI #2-same treatment-->BFN
    July IUI#3-same treatment--->BFN
    Aug 22, 2012-Laparoscopy Found/Removed extensive endometreosis.
    September 2012-IUI #4-Same treatment as before. BFN
    October 2012-forced break/Surgery to remove abnormal cells in left breast.
    November 2012-First Injects Cycle (IUI #5)! 225IU Follistim CD 3-5, then monitoring appointment. 20+ follier & e2 >2000-Mild OHSS
    December 2012-#2 Injects + IUI#6): Beta 1/18/13-BFN!
    Jan 2013-Starting IVF!!! BC starts Jan 17/Lupron on Feb 13/Stims on Feb 18/ER on March 1 IVF Protocol: Lupron 10 units in am until stimms. Then 5 units of Lurpon in am, 150iu of Follistim and 1 unit of Menopur in pm. Holding dosage throughtout since response has been great. Thought we would be freeze all due to OHSS, but ended up getting more follicles then expected! 14 total!!! 12 mature and 11 fertilized. Dr calls for a 5 day transfer!! :) Will freeze remaining.
    With Love & Strength, Hope Grows!
    WHEN, not IF!!!
  • You can rent a breast pump if you are not planning to pump for a whole year. Also if your crib doesn't come a pack n play or cosleeper is fine to start. I would just get the basics and worry about everything else later.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• A lot of those things that show up on lists of stuff you "need" are not really necessities. Take a deep breath. Then show that list to a friend IRL who has a baby. I bet she will help you cross off many items that you don't really need.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Lucieslist.com helped me a lot. And if you are planning to use a bassinet, pack n play, etc. for the first few months of sleeping, you are in no rush for the crib. 

Like PP said, it seems you really only "need" somewhere for baby to sleep, diapers/wipes, carseat, a few receiving blankets, and a small stash of onesies. Everything else is gravy, and there are always stores if it turns out you really do need something you don't have. 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • I helped a friend buy newborn stuff (while his SO was suddenly in the hospital for low amniotic fluid level). 

We found that a lot of the essentials can be purchased already bundled together in a package (everything for washing/cleaning/grooming, everything for infant 1st aid, etc.).

I downloaded the infant list and will just mark them off. Seems like a lot, but you can do it! 

• kegkeg member

It is overwhelming.  My third is a month old, and if it helps, here is what I've used for her so far:

--Car seat, 2 bases, snap n go stroller

--Rock n play (in my bedroom), swing (in main living area)

--Aden and Anais swaddle blankets

--Bath tub (Primo Eurobath), 2 washcloths, 2 infant towels, body wash, lotion

--Old school cloth diapers at burp cloths

--0-3 month gowns, footed sleepers (snaps during the day, zippers at night), a couple short sleeve onesies for when it's been warm at night, couple pairs of socks to use with gowns

--Changing table (although not necessary...I just used a bed and an ottoman for my older DDs), diapers, wipes, diaper cream

--Pump, 2 bottles, storage bags, breast pads, lanolin, gripe water, gas drops

--Regular backpack as diaper bag

--Carriers (I have a K'tan and Beco Butterfly2)

Of course I have a lot more stuff left over from my older girls, but I haven't used much.  I did get out a bouncy seat the other day for some variety and will likely break out the activity mat in the near future, but overall, you really don't need a ton.  And I agree with pp that you can go out with a baby and get stuff if necessary...or order from amazon. :-)  

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"