2nd Trimester
Options

Just wanted to say "Hello!"

My calendar notified me today that I am in my 2nd trimester. Which is very exciting news. I have had two m/c before and feel like I am past the 'danger zone' and everything is going to continue perfectly. 

Re: Just wanted to say "Hello!"

• Options
    Congrats. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry. 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester losses happen too. There is no safe zone until the baby is in your arms. It's a common misconception.

Yes, your chances go way down but you are never free from the possibility of miscarriage.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    congrats on making it to the 2nd trimester! welcome!
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options

imagePrimRoseMama:
    Sorry. 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester losses happen too. There is no safe zone until the baby is in your arms. It's a common misconception. Yes, your chances go way down but you are never free from the possibility of miscarriage.

I know, I have just allowed my mind to ease with the statistical drop in losses. I know that you can lose the baby at any time in a pregnancy; and after their born there is also the risk of SIDs. So even after delivery there is always a risk of loss. I am just excited to be out of the first trimester where the chances are so high.  

• Options
    welcome and YAY
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options

imagePrimRoseMama:
    Sorry. 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester losses happen too. There is no safe zone until the baby is in your arms. It's a common misconception. Yes, your chances go way down but you are never free from the possibility of miscarriage.

PrimWeed is so negative!!! Ugh...

Congrats getting to 2nd Tri! Awesome!

• Options
    imageVCK:

imagePrimRoseMama:

Oh hey. That is not negative to be realistic about miscarriage. I am happy for her that she "made it" to second trimester, but honestly the way she phrased it she was saying that because she got here that things would go perfectly. Naturally, I hope that they do. However, just making it to 2nd trimester doesn't automatically guarantee it.

Also, what was that about wanting people to treat others with respect and not be juvenile with the name calling? I thought you were here to be positive and supportive, why do you have to call names then? How is that contributing to a positive atmosphere? I was stating facts. You are just acting like a brat.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    imageVCK:

imagePrimRoseMama:

Oh hey. That is not negative to be realistic about miscarriage. I am happy for her that she "made it" to second trimester, but honestly the way she phrased it she was saying that because she got here that things would go perfectly. Naturally, I hope that they do. However, just making it to 2nd trimester doesn't automatically guarantee it.

Also, what was that about wanting people to treat others with respect and not be juvenile with the name calling? I thought you were here to be positive and supportive, why do you have to call names then? How is that contributing to a positive atmosphere? I was stating facts. You are just acting like a brat.

Obviously....nothing in life is a guarantee. This girl is happy about the fact she made it to the 2nd Trimester like a lot of us. So, why do you have to rain on her parade? I don't think she is so misinformed to know that bad things can still happen. Pleeeease!

• Options
    Stay positive.  Congrats!!!  Hope your pregnancy is healthy to the end!
  • Options
    imageVCK:
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    imageVCK:

imagePrimRoseMama:

Obviously....nothing in life is a guarantee. This girl is happy about the fact she made it to the 2nd Trimester like a lot of us. So, why do you have to rain on her parade? I don't think she is so misinformed to know that bad things can still happen. Pleeeease!

I didn't rain on her parade. I stated facts. I didn't say that she was ignorant or anything like that. I just said that I'm sorry, but the truth is that just because you made it doesn't mean things will go perfectly for you. I hope they do. I really really do, but its inaccurate to state that things will go perfectly because you made it past first trimester. I wasn't trying to be a downer and I even apologized in the very beginning.

Seriously, now I think you are taking a petty beef and being just as bad as you claim I am being. Stating facts =/= raining on anyone's parade. Its just stating facts.

Raining on her parade would be telling her she is X, Y, Z name and telling her I think she is stupid for believing that things would be rainbows from now on. I didn't do that. I just expressed regret that sadly bad things do happen in 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Really, are you going to act like a twatwaffle about this?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    imageVCK:
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    imageVCK:

imagePrimRoseMama:

I didn't rain on her parade. I stated facts. I didn't say that she was ignorant or anything like that. I just said that I'm sorry, but the truth is that just because you made it doesn't mean things will go perfectly for you. I hope they do. I really really do, but its inaccurate to state that things will go perfectly because you made it past first trimester. I wasn't trying to be a downer and I even apologized in the very beginning.

Seriously, now I think you are taking a petty beef and being just as bad as you claim I am being. Stating facts =/= raining on anyone's parade. Its just stating facts.

Raining on her parade would be telling her she is X, Y, Z name and telling her I think she is stupid for believing that things would be rainbows from now on. I didn't do that. I just expressed regret that sadly bad things do happen in 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Really, are you going to act like a twatwaffle about this?

To answer your question... "Yes, I am".

• Options
    imageVCK:

To answer your question... "Yes, I am".

Oh well, at least you are owning that you are behaving in a petty, unsupportive, and argumentative way. Do you feel better?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Congrats!! It's so exciting to make it this far! Best wishes to you!
    Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"