3rd Trimester

Mucus Plug

I'm 40 weeks 5 days FTM. I have had sporadic contractions since Thursday. I lost my mucus plug this morning and I'm 50% effaced, 1 cm dilated. Just wondering if any of you other mothers could tell me how long it was until you went into labor after loosing your mucus plug. Thanks! 

Re: Mucus Plug

• Sadly you could lose your plug and still be pregnant for quite some time!  I would think that with you being so far along labor/birth will be closer for you though!

I lost it two weeks before my first LO was born (he was born at 38 weeks)

Lost one week before my second LO was born (39 weeks)

And the day my third LO was born  (On his due date!) 

This time around I have lost the freek'in thing twice!  The first time was about five weeks ago, not to worry it grows back (yay >-<)  Then again a week ago, DH says based on how I'm acting baby should be here right around the third.

Best of luck and happy birthing!  

• I was already IN labor when I lost mine. Unfortunately it isn't really an indication of when you will go into labor though. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • From everything I've read and heard, losing your mucus plug really means nothing. Sorry and good luck.
  • About a week and a half
  • I lost my mucus plug five weeks ago and I'm currently 34 weeks/3 days and I have been 2cm dilated since 30weeks/5 days so I would personally agree that it definitely isn't a sign of when labor will begin. I have had two false admittances into the hospital already and this will be my 4th child
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"