July 2012 Moms

Mothers day question

What should I do about mothers day when I have NO relationship with my mother? I haven't spoken to her in over 3 years. She's schizophrenic with bipolar tendencies and neither my family or me can't handle her at all, in any way shape or form, so I just avoid her and she avoids me. 

Occasionally like maybe 3 times a year I will get a random off the wall text from her. The last one said "I hope you and your dad are happy to control every part of my life", neither one of us know what the hell she is talking about. It's a lot of things like that and all her insane drama.

Now I would like to send her something because she is my mom and while she's bsc I do love her. My issue is I do not want to open any doors. She is mental it's not like we can sit down and talk it out and make up. So my question do I anonymously send her some flowers and just let her figure it out? Or go ahead and say they are from me? I only have one sister so it's not rocket science or anything I just don't want her to contact me. 

(Im sorry all this sounds so terrible and off, the situation is so hard to explain)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Mothers day question

• This probably makes me sound like a witch, but honestly, if you have NO relationship with her and don't want one given her mental state, I'd skip sending her anything.

Say a prayer for her or whatever works for you to give thanks privately so you don't feel ungrateful, but leave it at that.

• Thanks yall, that's excatly where I am right now. In between not sending her anything and just mailing her a card. I just feel bad for her. 

I have a little sister and they are pretty close but with that being said my sister has mental issues also. She's 33 and up until about a year ago she was still living with my mom, my mom takes care of her three kids and my sister rapes the system and takes care of my mom.  It's all really confusing, strange, odd and just wrong.  I don't have any relationship with her either because to talk to my sister is like talking to a 7 year old that knows all. 

So it's a mess all around, I just wanted to try to be nice but I don't think that's even possible without opening a door.

Hallmark should make a card for this. "Just wanted to say (insert wording here), have a nice life!" 

ETA: Edited because my first sentence made no sense! I need more coffee!

• Loading the player...
  • imagePandril19:
    This probably makes me sound like a witch, but honestly, if you have NO relationship with her and don't want one given her mental state, I'd skip sending her anything.
    Say a prayer for her or whatever works for you to give thanks privately so you don't feel ungrateful, but leave it at that.

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sure I will drop a gift off at my moms one day next week. She's drives me absolutely crazy so I can't imagine focusing my first Mother's Day on her. Still don't know what to get her or mil.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelilahbean13:
    I'm sure I will drop a gift off at my moms one day next week. She's drives me absolutely crazy so I can't imagine focusing my first Mother's Day on her. Still don't know what to get her or mil.

This was supposed to go on the other Mother's Day post so ignore me lol
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"