Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Playtex bottles

So I make all my bottles the night before so that they are ready to go for the next day. This morning I went to go and grab a bottle to feed DD and noticed that 3 out of 4 bottles had lost .5oz and the 4th bottle has lost 3 oz. I make sure everything is tight on the bottles always. I checked to make sure that nothing was loose and nothing was. I am using the Playtex vent arie wide mouth bottles and I love them but now they are leaking, before they would leak a bit from the bottom when I shook the bottle, but now they are full out leaking just sitting there. Has any body had this problem with the vent aire bottles? I have been using them since day one, so for almost 4 months. not sure if maybe they are just done? if so I am not sure what other bottle would be best to try that's like the playtex ventaire?

Re: Playtex bottles

• We haven't had a single leak yet, except for one bottle one day at daycare (and it happened to be a day that DH put bottles together, so I think he just wasn't paying attention).  I always look at the bottle on the counter at eye level and make sure it looks like the bottom is screwed on correctly (you can tell if there are gaps or it looks crooked).  I know they sell replacement vents so you could always try that before resorting to completely switching bottles.
  • I use these same bottles and only once have I had a leak issue b/c I was in too much of a rush and did not screw the bottom on tight enough.

I think the suggestion of buying new vents might help w/ your issue. Maybe they just got a little warped or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We only have this issue if all the parts are not completely dry when we screw them together.  The water droplets can leave a gap that leads to leaking.  We also love the wide mouth VentAires.
  • I had the issue a few times but replaced the clear peice at the bottom which helped. I loved the ventaire bottles but I tend to worry a lot (naturally) so I eventually just switched the the deco born free bottles.

I hope you can get them to work out for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• I use these bottles and love them! I do get water dripping out if they are not completely dry or when I heat them up in water. I've never had milk leak out of them though.
  • I would try new vents for the bottom if you are sure they were all screwed on tightly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"