Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Can you recommend a baby bike helmet?

Now that spring has finally arrived in MN (for now anyway) we're ready to get out on our bikes and bring our LO along. Wondering if anyone has any recco's for good infant bike helmets. My husband bought a nutcase helmet today at REI but it seems too big and I"m not sure how to make it fit better. Would love to hear any recco's any of you may have.

Thanks! 

Re: Can you recommend a baby bike helmet?

• Options
    Yes, I asked this before. They don't make infant helmets, only toddler, bc you aren't suppose to put a baby under
    1 on a bike carrier or in a trailer or bugy that you pull, till they are at least one. Their necks can be injured or snapped if you had to slam on your breaks. That's why you rear face a child till a minimum of 1 year, but hoperully longer. We had bought a bike trailer and were stoked to pull DD this summer then couldn't find a helmet that fit and found this out, and returned the bike trailer till next summer.
  • Options

imageLatham12:
    Yes, I asked this before. They don't make infant helmets, only toddler, bc you aren't suppose to put a baby under 1 on a bike carrier or in a trailer or bugy that you pull, till they are at least one. Their necks can be injured or snapped if you had to slam on your breaks. That's why you rear face a child till a minimum of 1 year, but hoperully longer. We had bought a bike trailer and were stoked to pull DD this summer then couldn't find a helmet that fit and found this out, and returned the bike trailer till next summer.

this.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I found a helmet at Target for infants. DD started wearing it around 18 months. She also has a small head. The toddler helmets were all huge on her. 

• Options
    Ditto what others said.   You should wait until baby is 1 for safety reasons.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"