September 2012 Moms

Today sucked and tomorrow is going to suck even more...

My sweet girl was pretty stuffy this weekend and then spiked a fever and started puking last night. DH stayed home with her. I was sick all weekend as well, felt better today except for my throat, and attempted more isat review with my 4th graders.

We took dd to the doctor this afternoon and learned that she has a double ear infection after having a double case of pink eye last weekend. I now have no voice and with my class, this is not a good thing. DH is staying home again tomorrow, thankfully, but tomorrow is still going to suck...boo

But our last state test is Wednesday and she seemed to be feeling a little better this evening, so maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel? 

Aria September 18, 2012
Baby Due April 17, 2015

Re: Today sucked and tomorrow is going to suck even more...

• I'm sorry you and your DD are sick. I hope everyone gets better soon!

• Being sick during testing is awful. I'm so sorry. You could try making tea with fresh ginger. Don't use tons, as it's a diaretic. My mom, a kindergarten teacher, lost her voice every October and was taught this by a coworker's husband who was a singer. I hope you are both feeling better soon!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • 27boo27boo member
    imageauroraloo:

Being sick during testing blows. I'm sorry.

My first year teaching, I went into anaphalactic shock on the first day of testing and my dad passed on the second. Pretty sure my students bombed that test! 

I hope you both get better! GL on the last test! 

oh no! I can't even imagine. 

Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • 27boo27boo member

imageL8kissie:
    Being sick during testing is awful. I'm so sorry. You could try making tea with fresh ginger. Don't use tons, as it's a diaretic. My mom, a kindergarten teacher, lost her voice every October and was taught this by a coworker's husband who was a singer. I hope you are both feeling better soon!!

Maybe I'll try that tonight. Thanks. On the plus side, my kids have been whispering all day since I am.

Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"