Baby Showers
Options

Mom being difficult

My best friend wants to throw me a second shower as this is baby #2 and there is quite an age gap and I have since donated all my items to friends, family and good will. (my husband had cancer two years ago and we were told to wait or seek IVF) I let her talk me into one. She wants to have it where I live which is great since there is 3 hours travel between where I am from and where I live now, and I have made a strong group of friends here as well who want to help. My mom however is saying that if my best friend throws the shower, it should be where she lives (closer to my mom). It's either have mom and 4 others make the weekend drive and stay with me or have 15 people make the 3 hour drive with no where to stay or to pay more to stay. HELP!!
Me - 31 DH - 31 (low count, morph and mobility due to carcinoid syndrom) 1 DD born in 2008 TTC - Summer 2011 Lupron Trigger 12/8/12 Retrieval 12/10/12 Implantation 12/15/12 Beta Reading 12/28/12 - 652 :) BFP - We will finally be a family of 4 Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mom being difficult

• Options

Tell your mom the hostess chooses the location and offer her a place to stay if she needs to sleep over.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Tell her to get a hotel room. Your shower shouldn't revolve around her. I still don't see a legitimate reason for a shower to be thrown, but that's just me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have it closest to where the majority of your guests are located.  If that's closer to you and farther from your mom, just tell her that the hostess picks the location and that you agree because it's closest to the majority of the guests and that's that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemabenner1:
    Tell her to get a hotel room. Your shower shouldn't revolve around her. I still don't see a legitimate reason for a shower to be thrown, but that's just me.
    All of this.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    imageHelenahhandbasket:

Tell your mom the hostess chooses the location and offer her a place to stay if she needs to sleep over.

Yes.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks! I have spoken those words to her before! :) she can be hard headed. And my friends are excited for DD #2 because of all my husband and I have been through medically to get here, so they want to give us a shower. I think its sweet and a pretty legit reason to celebrate.
    Me - 31 DH - 31 (low count, morph and mobility due to carcinoid syndrom) 1 DD born in 2008 TTC - Summer 2011 Lupron Trigger 12/8/12 Retrieval 12/10/12 Implantation 12/15/12 Beta Reading 12/28/12 - 652 :) BFP - We will finally be a family of 4 Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"