Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

WCM= more frequent BM's?

I've been gradually transitioning my daughter off of formula since she was around 11.5 months old.  She struggled with sippy cups then so I mixed WCM with her formula in a bottle.  We're at the point where it's predominantly WCM in her bottle (because she doesn't like drinking it out of a sippy cup, which is a whole other struggle, even though she can use a straw one now.)  But, I've noticed that now she poops a lot more than she used to.  It used to be once every other day or occasionally daily, but the past couple weeks, she's been going more than once a day.  A few days recently she's gone up to three times in a day, with a couple of them being watery.  It's unusual for her.  Could it be the WCM?  She probably drinks about 23 ozs of formula/milk a day with about 6 ozs of that being formula. Is 17 ozs too much WCM in a day?  As far as food goes, she eats the typical cheese, fruit, veggies, chicken.  I wouldn't think anything out of the ordinary and certainly nothing new that she hasn't eaten since she started table food.  I have a call into her pediatrician, but was wondering if anyone else experienced this with their toddlers.  TIA.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WCM= more frequent BM's?

• Options

DD had a couple week period around 11-12 months where she was pooping 4 or 5 times a day instead of the usual 1 or 2. I am not sure if for her it was because of WCM or simply transitioning to eating more solids.

We are now back to regular pooping.

• Options

We had/have that issue too. I actually stopped with the cows milk for a week or so and her poops when back to normal. So here we are again, slowly transitioning. We do a cup of formula and WCM moxed together 2xs a day. It probably is about 3 oz formula and 3 or 4 oz of WCM each time.

I was also told no more than 16 oz and to try to get dairy in their diet other ways.... yogurt, cheese etc. 

We cloth diaper.... so these poop messes have bee super fun. Ick!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well this makes me feel better. We switched to WCM about a month ago and have DEFINATELY seen more poops! Up to 4 in a day! Hoping it will go down sometime soon. Good question. Thanks to all the responders!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dns05dns05 member
    Good to know I'm not alone.  I'll try to limit her WCM to around 15-16 ozs and see if that helps. It would be so much easier if she'd drink it out of a cup instead of a bottle.  She loves cheese, so getting her to eat dairy shouldn't be a problem. Her pedi said it could be a milk intolerance, but to keep a food/milk diary for a couple weeks and see if that helps identify the culprit.  I did notice that when I stopped giving her WCM a couple days ago to test it out, she didn't poop yesterday at all, and today it has only been once and normal in consistency.  Gave her a little milk this morning so we'll see how it goes.  Thanks for everyone's responses.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"