Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Newborn Poop

Hello, I am new to this board.  My son was born April 19th, at a healthy 9 pounds 5 ounces.  Lately I noticed that his poop is very liquidy and he poops nonstop. Every diaper change has some poop in it and we change him at least every 2-3 hours. Do your newborn babies have the same issue?  Thanks!

Edit: We are feeding him Similac Advanced exclusively 

baby

Re: Newborn Poop

• Do you BF??  I BF DS the first 3 weeks.  It seemed like he was pooping constantly!  He is 4 weeks now and the last week I have switched him to formula.  I don't know if it is the formula but it doesn't seem like he goes as often now.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BF didn't work for us, so we are feeding him Similac Advanced.  So that's not it :(
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is just about 6 weeks and only in the last couple of days has he not been pooping after every feeding or close to every feeding. He's BF, and it's totally normal.
  • I would just call your Pedi to see what they say.  I believe when DS was 1 or 2 weeks I called for the same reason because he was pooping constantly.  Obviously at that time I was BF so Pedi said it was normal.  But she did tell me that as long as we don't see anything mucusy in his poop or any blood that it's fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It is normal. All three of my boys pooped at every feeding
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    DS pooped at every feeding until the second week that he was EFF and then it switched to once a day.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• imageSkyBee:
    It is normal. All three of my boys pooped at every feeding

This. In the beginning, DS pooped very often. Now, we just get one good poop a day. But it wouldn't hurt to call your pedi for your own peace of mind.

• imageJenniD2:

imageSkyBee:
    It is normal. All three of my boys pooped at every feeding

This. In the beginning, DS pooped very often. Now, we just get one good poop a day. But it wouldn't hurt to call your pedi for your own peace of mind.

Same here. LO pooped all day long for his first 4 weeks. He was mostly formula fed as my supply was low so he didn't get that much breast milk. His poops were mustardy, seedy, and quite runny. There were some that were almost like liquid and a few that were mucousy. My doctor was not concerned about that because it only happened a few times.

I've had to reduce the breast milk we give him, due to my dwindling supply, over the last week and a but and only since then has LO's poops changed greatly.
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • We are EBF, and while they say EBF babies may go up to a whole week without pooping, Baby Boy over here poops at pretty much every single feeding. I am not concerned in the slightest.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"