Cloth Diapering

Help! Daycare leaks...

DD has had a few leaks at daycare over the past 2 weeks, and I'm sick of washing her pants in the sink!  When I pull inserts out of the BG 4.0's and blueberry pockets at night, they're pretty soaked... So I'm thinking we need more absorbency.  

What do I start with?  I switched all the BG 4.0 inserts from the small one to the large one.  The large insert that comes with the blueberry diapers is GIGANTIC... so I switched from just the small insert, to the small insert + the small BG insert together.  I'm hoping this will work, but since we don't use pockets at home, I'm not sure what to do.  Daycare doesn't even consistently keep track of *which* diaper is leaking, even though I've asked... and I told her I can't fix the problem if I don't know which diapers are leaking!

Are cotton newborn prefolds more/less absorbent than the microfiber inserts?  I have some hemp doublers from GMD that I use for her night time diapers... Should I just get more of those and add one to every daycare diaper? How old were your LO's when you had to switch to the larger microfiber insert that came with your diapers (BG's, FB elite, etc)?  I thought that since they were OS diapers, we would have awhile before we needed to start using bigger inserts...

Any other suggestions?  Thanks! 

Re: Help! Daycare leaks...

• Are they fastening the diapers right? We have has issues with leaks in our snap diapers because the teachers aren't making them tight enough. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imageOhSewCrafty:
    Are they fastening the diapers right? We have has issues with leaks in our snap diapers because the teachers aren't making them tight enough. 

I think so.  She said they were all snapped as tight as they go (DD is still skinny enough to use the smallest settings for the most part).  And we had a good month or so where we had zero leaks.  It's just been in the past week or two that this has happened... 

• Loading the player...
  • imagekjsmith9:

imageOhSewCrafty:
    Are they fastening the diapers right? We have has issues with leaks in our snap diapers because the teachers aren't making them tight enough. 

I think so.  She said they were all snapped as tight as they go (DD is still skinny enough to use the smallest settings for the most part).  And we had a good month or so where we had zero leaks.  It's just been in the past week or two that this has happened... 

in that case... No, newborn prefolds are not more absorbent than the large mf insert. Infant size ones are equally/more absorbent though. My son moved from the nb insert to the big one around this age and stayed there until about 18 months. We only have BGs though, I can't speak to blueberries.  

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• We never used just the BG small insert. It was not absorbent enough for DD once OS pockets fit.

She needed both inserts in the 4.0 pockets from about 4 or 5 months old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've needed both inserts in FB elite for a long time now... 2 months? And about 2 weeks ago I switched from nb+a doubler to using the big insert for BG 4.0 and RaRz G2. My Happy Heiny diapers aren't on a high enough rise setting for the big insert so I use the nb MF and a hemp insert in those. She's a heavy wetter though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"